Took the ASVAB yestarday

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

5eleven

I don't give a f**k, call the Chaplain
Mar 23, 2003
Ohio
Visit site
For euros or others that don't know: Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery. :lol:

Good job demo. :tup:

Spier

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
I had to take something similar the other day; a "psychological evaluation". That's apparently the political correct way of saying "IQ test" these days. :rolleyes: Anyway, got a score of eight out of nine. Four is the average. I applied for jaeger(kinda like recon, blowing stuff up behind enemy lines) duties, and with that score it's extremely likey that I get in. Should be interesting, assuming I survive. :D

Good job, demo, do you know what you are going for?

I googled a bit:
http://www.goarmy.com/util/asvab1.htm
It was something similar to that, except more figures in the one i took.

Apr 11, 2002
Dallas, TX
www.google.com
Wanting to fly either the UH-60 or the AH-64. Going to go through the College first
program, then get a job in the Army working on Avionics and put in my flight packet.
Go to Warrent Officer School and fly.

Actually, the Commanche should be going into production by the time I go through
boot in two years, so I'm going to do my best to try and fly that frame.

Last edited:

kanegs

Feb 15, 2003
W. Pa, USA
Visit site
Unless things have changed, prepare to be mercilessly recruited for the next few years (I took it as a warm up to the SAT without intending to enlist, and the Marines kept calling me anyway ;) ).

Oh and congrats!

Spier, Bundeswehr?

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
I too placed in the top percentile.

kanegs is right ... I was hounded constantly by recruiters for 10 years after that :p

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
Yeah, I took the Navy's ASVAB a couple years ago and placed somewhere in the top 2%, as I recall.

Don't see what the big deal was, personally. Anyone with a high school diploma should be able to get 95% of the questions right.

-Keiichi

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
kanegs said:
Unless things have changed, prepare to be mercilessly recruited for the next few years (I took it as a warm up to the SAT without intending to enlist, and the Marines kept calling me anyway ;) ).
Hell, I didn't take this test, and I still got hounded for a good four years. :D

Ice

Apr 11, 2002
Visit site
I'm somewhat glad I'm color blind. Means I'll never have to enlist.

"Sir, is that a green or red dot on that radar screen?"

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
Insomniac said:
I'm somewhat glad I'm color blind. Means I'll never have to enlist.

"Sir, is that a green or red dot on that radar screen?"
My dad is colorblind ... he did two tours of Vietnam ... being colorblind sucked for him because it got him put on point alot (he's red-green colorblind). Camoflaged traps and such stuck out to him since he didn't precieve colors correctly.