Problems with a mouse

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GenoOfTheCrayon

l33t 14 year old with an iron sight RC50
Sep 30, 2001
Middleof Nowhere
Visit site
Intellimouse Optical USB, keeps turning off on me. I used to use a little PS/2 switchy thing, but now it won't even work on PS/2. So I put it into USB, but it sometimes turns off and then back on, or just won't move at all. Anyone had these problems before?

RaekwoN

Infiltration Level Designer
Aug 5, 1999
Melbourne, Australia
I've had two of these mice die on me. Very frustrating to move it and have it turn off, Windows throws it's little disconnected sound, then it comes back.

The problem as far as I could tell is with the cord on the mouse end. If you open the mouse up, the cord is bent around a few plastic bits, as you use it, it seems to pull and stretch this section of the cord.

It's funny, I actually tried doing the same thing as you with the switching of the PS2 to USB and back again. I was under the impression that it had fixed it for about 10 mins, then it died again :p

FTU - Wish I knew that 6 months ago....oh well.

anaemic

she touch your penis?
Jan 7, 2002
london, uk
i find a lot of the time my intellimouse explorer is doing that because the plugs at the back of my pc are not recieving sufficient ventilation.
then again sometimes the mouse cuts out and then if i just turn it clockwise over itll work agan :p which is probably the wiring