feign death reloading?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

salad

Dallas Tosses Salads
Oct 23, 2003
www.dallastossessalads.com
Derelan said:
I noticed once you start the reload sequence, you can instantly feigndeath and the reload will still finish. Am I the only one that sees something wrong with this?
If you see something wrong with it, email Epic and ask them for a patch that adds animation blending to their 5 year old game that's now 2 versions behind. I'm sure they'll get right on that.

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
If I understood this correctly (haven't tested yet, am at work) then the reloading takes place during the feign death stuff. Means it needs exactly the same amount of time and is NOT instant or something similar. The FeignDeath is instant, not the reloading.
So there is no problem or abusage showing up with guys feigning death and reloading while doing so... what advantage does it bring other than the standard FeignDeath does?

The looking thru floors should normally not happen but if someone feigns at edges, slopes aso then he can abuse it in a way (if the map has a thin floor at these places). Reason is simple... the feign death 'camera location' is adjusted based on the actual feign death animation used. This done at a weird spot and the camera can end up slightly in the floor or wall.
But again... to abuse this is not really something that gives you an advantage. Why looking thru some metal stairs or similar locations in a feign death style... without your weapon in hands leaving you in a vulnerable position and a sec needed to get up again? If the enemy sees your body then most players will fire on it to make sure that you are really dead.

What is left now is the fact that feigning death is something to be watched at in general. So setting up a rule if it is allowed or not in clan matches aso. An easy way to 'reduce' it is to simply set the carcass lifespan to ie 5 secs or even lower. So real carcasses will vanish almost instantly... makes it very easy to spot a feigndeath player.

The other option is of course to stop feigning death by a mutator. Well maybe not to stop it but to penalize it in a way that noone will do it.
Easy task... check all players every second and check if they are in state 'FeigningDeath'. If so, then kill them. Maybe warn them for 3 secs or maybe 5 before actually killing them :). This will definetly get rid off FeigningDeath.

Last edited:

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
Beppo, you really think this needs to be addressed? I haven't seen any feight death abuse on GD nor AFA servers. Is there a problem on INForce or MUF that I ain't aware off?

IMO ACOG overuse in those last two servers is much more a problem then feight death. When the acog is reduced to a crosshair-like tool, there's something wrong IMO.

0.02 (but that was totally of topic. sorry)

[SOB]bAd ChIcKeN

Free-Range Pain the Ass
Feb 6, 2001
www.sobservers.com
Feign Death is a huge problem.. I still get my ass killed when I do it :D
But really folks I don't see a problem with it so long as the reload isn't instant. Who here remembers Insta-Prone? :p

As far as the AGOG being an issue, isn't there a no AGOG Mutie or no scope within INF itself? Turn that on and problem solved. Sure its up to the Admin to use the required setting, but that all comes down to personal preference doesn't it? Lets not all start down the slope of we play one way so we are better :D

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Feign death saved my ass 2 times already. And counting.

On RTK i guarded the cd carrier and we were maybe 3 meters from extract. Then Mid , sneaky bastard ;) shoots my teammate who drops the cd, and then fires at me.
I take a few hits and quickly feign death. Mid comes walking over, grabs the cd, i get up and he looks at me with amazement. I release teh fury!!! and kill mid yeah baby! take that! how you like that baby! uh! uh!

Oh and another time feigndeath saved my ass too.

I must admit tho, i was sceptical about it when 2.9 was just out. But i like it now.

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
[SOB]bAd ChIcKeN said:
As far as the AGOG being an issue, isn't there a no AGOG Mutie or no scope within INF itself? Turn that on and problem solved. Sure its up to the Admin to use the required setting, but that all comes down to personal preference doesn't it? Lets not all start down the slope of we play one way so we are better :D

Yeah, no ACOG muty is an option. It's running like that on GD, the main reason for probably being the abuse i just mentionned. Using an ACOG as crosshair in CQB just doesn't make sense. Sadly, there are many occasions where the use of an ACOG is appropriate.

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
ACOG muties can be set up for specific maps only... we have the mutators available already that allow setting up map-specific mutators aso. I guess some servers do use them already to set up the NoACOG stuff for pure CQB maps for example.

And to the FeignDeath... I do not have a problem with it. I only said that it can be a problem for some in clan and league matches. Then the league has to make up a rule if needed but only if the mojority of players think it is a problem... else not of course :).

MP_Duke

Banned
May 23, 2002
www.geocities.com
The only technical problem I see with feigndeath is online. Sometimes when you're feigned others see you standing straight up.

(Does anyone else hear "a-s-s-hole" when Beppo says "aso"? :p)

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
acog is harder to use in INF than IRL. so i dont see why it is abused.

because IRL you can keep your Acog aimed in Any situations , making the acquisition time lower

havent used a rifle , but its easy to understand. same goes for famas iron sights