RL Weapon question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

5eleven

I don't give a f**k, call the Chaplain
Mar 23, 2003
Ohio
Visit site
Without getting into the how's and why's, here's the deal.

M16A1 conversion: Remember, A1 trigger group (lower receiver) fitted with an M4 upper receiver, barrel, and M4 collapsible stock.

Conversion done by a gunsmith, but for lack of a better word, it acts and feels "tight". When firing, originally it wouldn't fire in full auto mode, and it acted more like it wanted to fire only semi-auto. After throwing some more rounds downrange, it's still "tight", but it's worked it's way up to firing 3-5 round bursts in full auto. Nothing appears to be malfunctioning, and it appears to be cycling properly, it just acts like an A2 trigger group. Fires a burst, then stops. Pull the trigger, it fires burst again. Stop, pull the trigger, burst and so on.

Meplat or Zundfolge, does that sound like anything you've heard of? I see nothing wrong with it with the naked eye, and no, the trigger group was not changed. I just can't get over how "tight" the damned thing feels. I'm sure you know what I mean, how an M16 has that general little "loose rattle" to it......this is just, well, tight. :D

Mebbe it just needs broken in. ;) :minigun:

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
There's only an entire thread stuck at the top of the page dedicated to these sorts of questions...

Yes, they exist. It's called an M16A1 carbine. The Israeli army loves them.

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
Reading is our friend.

edit
Unless Jaunty's comment was just because and not in response to the question :D

Last edited:

5eleven

I don't give a f**k, call the Chaplain
Mar 23, 2003
Ohio
Visit site
Bah, sorry, I even knew the thread was there. :rolleyes: Long day, I'm pooped.

Jaunty, the question wasn't whether they exist, :lol: , but why it's only firing in 3 to 5 round bursts, with a full auto trigger group.

Hehe, thanks for the correction. Reposted in the above. BTW, why can't I delete the post?

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
As you can see, I really don't give a shit and you're lucky I even paid lip service to this thread seeing as how it should even exist.