PDA

View Full Version : Desktop screenies yay!

anaemic
18th Feb 2004, 06:41 PM
Arr, there hasnt been a desktop screenshot thread in so long hell hath frozen over and i am starting a new one. so without much ado: i bring you my latest work of art
i call it "misconceptions of icon placement in a world of jubilation"

http://home.comcast.net/~feeltheuniversexxx/images/site/desktopfeb04.jpg

Cobra's
18th Feb 2004, 07:02 PM
Grrrr!!!!!!!!!

Olethros
18th Feb 2004, 07:16 PM
Behold. The most boring desktop ever!

Since this is on my "secondary" computer (my old 1.4gHz T-bird and GF3 card stuffed into my even older HX45 case) which is only used for running eMule and ABC (yet Another Bittorrent Client) while I do my "real" work on the "primary" XP3000+/Radeon 9800PRO box I try to keep the fluff to a minimum. I should really post the desktop from the "primary" here, but it isn't particularly more exciting than this and I can't be arsed to turn on the noisy bastard right now. This old heap has got Firefox, FooBar and Total Annihilation installed, so what else do I really need? (All right. INF, probably...)

Almost
18th Feb 2004, 07:55 PM
I'm old fashioned. I'm also too lazy to change my desktop twice a week. Besides, I like this one.

jaunty
18th Feb 2004, 10:38 PM
Mine ****ing destroys you all.

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/SmegmatronII/mydesktop.jpg
Resized from 1280x1024

unixman
19th Feb 2004, 03:26 AM
My 'desktop'

Infguy98
19th Feb 2004, 04:52 AM

Freon
19th Feb 2004, 05:28 AM
unixman, drop vim and get something buggy and heavy like Eclipse ;)

edit: ouch, maybe I compressed it a bit too much :hmm:

Panzer101
19th Feb 2004, 05:46 AM
anaemic, is your desktop really just a massive picture of some breasts?

cool :D

[C22]-Mort
19th Feb 2004, 06:23 AM
I find the number of people who have icons to all sorts of games except INF on their desktops rather bizarre :D :D

jaunty
19th Feb 2004, 06:50 AM
Maybe not everybody is a drooling fanboy.

fist_mlrs
19th Feb 2004, 06:50 AM
three of my notebook's desktops...

Lolo Konijn
19th Feb 2004, 07:08 AM
a bit boring... I already use this for a long time :)

[C22]-Mort
19th Feb 2004, 07:56 AM
Maybe not everybody is a drooling fanboy.
If by saying that you are implying that having an INF icon on the desktop makes you a "drooling fanboy" of Inf, then having an icon of any game makes you a "drooling fanboy" of that game which would make them "drooling fanboys" of something ;) ;)

I'm just glad my desktop has NO icons ... come to think of it maybe we'd all just better un-install ALL applications and games just in case ;) ;)

TheShiningWizard
19th Feb 2004, 08:39 AM
What?

[C22]-Mort
19th Feb 2004, 08:56 AM
Exactly!

-Snakebite-
19th Feb 2004, 09:28 AM
My desktop from work (some stuff had to be censored in the l337 paint).

jaunty
19th Feb 2004, 09:58 AM
-Mort']If by saying that you are implying that having an INF icon on the desktop makes you a "drooling fanboy" of Inf, then having an icon of any game makes you a "drooling fanboy" of that game which would make them "drooling fanboys" of something ;) ;)

I'm just glad my desktop has NO icons ... come to think of it maybe we'd all just better un-install ALL applications and games just in case ;) ;)

"no" "I'm" "pointing out" that "people" who "post useless posts" to "complain about" the "lack of icons" for a "certain game" are "failed abortions".

P.S ""

Spier
19th Feb 2004, 10:09 AM
just a standard stylexp thing, nothing special:

TheShiningWizard
19th Feb 2004, 10:12 AM
Here's what's on my desktop :D

http://home.comcast.net/~feeltheuniversexxx/images/photography/clamtop.jpg

Happiness is knowing how to cook :)

Rostam
19th Feb 2004, 10:16 AM
I have the same pic and winamp skin for a over a year now... I love it. Somehow it relaxes me. The notes are there so I don't forget the important things I tend to forget :)

[C22]-Mort
19th Feb 2004, 10:35 AM
"no" "I'm" "pointing out" that "people" who "post useless posts" to "complain about" the "lack of icons" for a "certain game" are "failed abortions".

P.S ""

Just a few points you leprous lump on a diseased camels C**T (if you're gonna insult me at least do it properly...a good insult has a pace, a timing, which you just cannot seem to grasp no matter how many people you TRY and insult!)

1> Who Complained?
2> I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds it passing strange that more people posting on the Infiltration forums have Icons to other games but not Infiltration, NOT wrong, NOT sinfull just strange, some may even find it vaguely funny (hence the smilies)!
3> As for useless posts, Hi Pot...kettle here ;)
4> Your sentence was pointing nothing out as you seemed to completely miss the point of my post as usual you just quickly scoured the page for an opportunity to TRY and make it appear as if your IQ was actually higher than your age, by trying to belittle another individual (as seems to be your wont), I was actually trying to maintain a light perspective on this but as usual you try to drag it down!
5> As for certain game....well it's only the game that is the basis for this forum so yeah nothing important! :rolleyes:

I'm sure I'll probably get RO'd for this but hell I have a life, I only post here when I'm bored @ work! Now where's that ignore option!

[C22]-SpOOky
19th Feb 2004, 10:53 AM
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/markantony.townsend/deskto.jpg

jaunty
19th Feb 2004, 12:03 PM
-Mort']attempted insults

The fact that you can use that insult on me of all people and think it'll even rate on my scale of offensive **** I've had said to me is laughable. The fact that you're telling me how to insult people is even more laughable. I pity you.

Let us take a moment to reflect on your previous statement:

Hurrrrrrr needs more inf!

This has exactly what to do with what? Nothing to do with nothing is the correct answer here. You come storming in with no valid contribution other than to proudly proclaim that we need more INF icons. That's fanboy behaviour right there.

Go back to General. You'll fit in better.

jaunty
19th Feb 2004, 12:06 PM
just a standard stylexp thing, nothing special:

Destroy that program before it destroys you. You can get the same results by simply patching uxtheme.dll and simply managing themes as per usual. StyleXP has a habit of ****ing things up.

unixman
19th Feb 2004, 03:10 PM
unixman, drop vim and get something buggy and heavy like Eclipse ;)

Nevar!!

spm1138
19th Feb 2004, 08:06 PM
http://www.brandonbird.com/elysium.jpg

My desktop is pretty banal, but I have ^that^ as wallpaper.

Saladin
19th Feb 2004, 08:59 PM
http://wrxatlanta.com/misc/ds1.jpg

mine is nice and neat, que bueno.

-Snakebite-
20th Feb 2004, 02:20 AM
Whats the calander program running in the corner Saladin? I think something like that might be a good idea :)

erehwoN
20th Feb 2004, 12:56 PM
An electron microscope picture of...something.

TheShiningWizard
20th Feb 2004, 01:38 PM
Nice pic, Grady ;)

Zundfolge
20th Feb 2004, 03:10 PM
Here's my machine at work.
(I didn't resize it so its 1600x1200)

I tend to keep my desktop pretty clean

Saladin
20th Feb 2004, 04:22 PM
snakebite- thats called rainlendar, its just nice to have there, idk i dont use it much, but it looks cool lol- talk about a waste of ram no?

Spier
20th Feb 2004, 08:27 PM
Destroy that program before it destroys you. You can get the same results by simply patching uxtheme.dll and simply managing themes as per usual. StyleXP has a habit of ****ing things up.Thanks, I heard something vague about this, but uxtheme.dll gave me something to google for. :tup:

ecale3
23rd Feb 2004, 01:49 AM
i modified a desktop i had.

-Snakebite-
23rd Feb 2004, 02:29 AM
Cheers Sal, found the website - (http://vapaa.dc.inet.fi/~rainy/Rainlendar.html) if anyone is interested.

Deathrow
23rd Feb 2004, 12:43 PM
One of my desktops...

codenet
23rd Feb 2004, 05:53 PM
yea heres mine. the background is a place called punch bowl falls in Oregon. the top is object dock, and the visual style is pastecolor olive. the icons and all that are Faus-X green. oh yea then theres the rainlendar. if anyone has a suggestion for the trillian skin (that would match, preferebly green) please PM me.

anaemic
26th Feb 2004, 08:11 PM
arr updated my desktop!

fist_mlrs
26th Feb 2004, 08:17 PM
im stunned by the pure, perfect artwork of this one :eek:

OpFor
26th Feb 2004, 08:22 PM
Picture of the back of my buddies head.