Did this happen?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

WebSlinger

bNotNegative != False
Feb 29, 2000
Oklahoma City, OK
I think this happened? Can it happen?

I was in a raptor HIGH above and just outside of the enemy base. I got the Missile Lock message, so I bailed. Well, I didn't have much health so I cratered.

I respawn, then I start gathering my weapons when I get 2 "You killed..." messages and a Double Kill.

I suppose my raptor landed on some people after it was shot down?

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
:lololol: Nice! Yes, your Raptor will do some mean damage if it hits people from on high. :tup:

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
I've had something similair, I drove the Hellbender up the hill near the middle node, and decided to go down to the node. The Hellbender got stuck on the side of the canyon, so I got out and ran to the node, where I got smeared all over the place by a shot from a Goliath :/ I respawn, gather guns, grab the manta and get a kill. I think the hellbender got loose and droped down on an enemy, killing him in the process :)

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Loibisch said:
It's cool that vehicles are still "yours" after you drop out. Same goes for shooting people down into the void, I think it finally counts as a kill for you this time.
:tup:

Yeah, I loved that mutator in UT "Who Pushed Me?", and I was really disappointed that that function wasn't included in UT2003. I'm glad it's in UT2004.

Along those lines, has anyone ever been pushed off the central tower by a teammate? I was the other night. The guy come blowing past in a Raptor and knocked me off. I had 10 health, but the fall didn't damage me at all. :lol:

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
I wish I had a screenie of this... last night I had a tank parked on the hill outside enemy base, but their core had gone back to being shielded so my assault had to wait. In the meantime I was people running around the base, being a general point whore... I zoomed on a hellbender by the valley node (lower middle or whatever... you know, the one near the base) and blew it off its wheels, killing the driver and passenger. Double kill! THEN... the jeep flipped over and crashed into a Scorpion and I got ANOTHER kill! \o/

then someone came after me with AVRiLs.... :( Why'd they have to go and make things so complicated?

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Webslinger, you should have noted the names of the reception commitee down :p .

WebSlinger

bNotNegative != False
Feb 29, 2000
Oklahoma City, OK
Fearless, hehe

SlayerDragon, if you hit the sides of the hills correctly, yes, you can fall off of the top tower and take little or no damage

spineblaZe

VFX Extraordinaire
Apr 8, 2003
MN
Visit site
Quote is from this thread
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=127623
It kinda goes with WebSlinger's experience. I love trying to drop my Raptor on people. :lol:
RegularX said:
I'm most effective with the Manta, but my best moment was with the Raptor. Raiding the enemy base, saw a sniper on their tower. Flew to the tower and did the commando jump/fall. We circle strafed a bit ... then the raptor fell on his head :) Pure comedy.

:lol::tup:

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
WebSlinger said:
I think this happened? Can it happen?

I was in a raptor HIGH above and just outside of the enemy base. I got the Missile Lock message, so I bailed. Well, I didn't have much health so I cratered.

I respawn, then I start gathering my weapons when I get 2 "You killed..." messages and a Double Kill.

I suppose my raptor landed on some people after it was shot down?

Webslinger = 2K4's version of the Kamikasi (sp?) :p

Edit - oh, wait, you said you bailed. Never mind.

Scuzzbuster

It's Crunchy. It's Nice.
Jan 28, 2001
Indiana, USA
www.deviantknowledge.com
The oddest thing I've had happen (never noticed it in UT1 or 2k3)...I killed 3 people for a multi-kill, died and then instantly killed two people with alt Assault when I respawned and the string carried across my death for a megakill.

spineblaZe

VFX Extraordinaire
Apr 8, 2003
MN
Visit site
Scuzzbuster said:
The oddest thing I've had happen (never noticed it in UT1 or 2k3)...I killed 3 people for a multi-kill, died and then instantly killed two people with alt Assault when I respawned and the string carried across my death for a megakill.

I've had that happen in 2K3 a few times. Usually on a crowded DM level like Insidious. I don't know if killing sprees carried over between deaths in UT1 or not, but they definately did in 2K3. :)

DigitalKnight

A warrior for the digital battlefield
Jan 26, 2004
This is something I discovered by accident. I've been able to boost jump off the Manta's wing. It works just like a lift jump, just as the Manta hits the peak of it's jump and then jump yourself. The timing has to be perfect though and I've only done a few times, but if the Manta is going full boar and you do it just right you can get cover some serious ground and get some major air time, especially if the Manta jumps off the top of a hill. :) If your timing isn't just right it doesn't work. :(

isocryd

Final steps of evolution
Vehicles keep a record of who drove them until someone else does... The Hellbender, for example(Please tell me someone else has noticed this) the plates show HELLBNDR when it spawns, and show the driver's name (Did anyone check the plate?) If you board it, unboard and check the plate, you'll see your name on it (I don't know how does it work if the player's name is longer than 8 chars, tho)

Last edited:

Scuzzbuster

It's Crunchy. It's Nice.
Jan 28, 2001
Indiana, USA
www.deviantknowledge.com
isocryd said:
(I don't know how does it work if the player's name is longer than 8 chars, tho)

Like this:
lplate.jpg

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Vowels are take out and your clan tag is usually represented.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Jinx256 said:
Are they always? I could swear the last time I was in a Hellbender the I in Jinx256 was there. Maybe I imagined it. I'd have to check to be sure.

Jinx256 =< 8 characters long ;)

CyMek

Dead but not gone.
Jan 4, 2004
cymek.deviantart.com
SlayerDragon said:
Yeah, I loved that mutator in UT "Who Pushed Me?", and I was really disappointed that that function wasn't included in UT2003. I'm glad it's in UT2004.

Along those lines, has anyone ever been pushed off the central tower by a teammate? I was the other night. The guy come blowing past in a Raptor and knocked me off. I had 10 health, but the fall didn't damage me at all. :lol:

Actually...
I have been pushed off the top tower before and th death message was " {McW}CyMek was pushed by Player"

Also, you can fall all the way, and land on the jumppad... then you take no damage.

But I like taking a vehicle after an enemy leaves it and hearing the car alarm+ "Carjacked!"
Tonight I let some guy fully repeair his vehicle for me and then carjacked it... and crushed him :)