Question for those that own Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cold Killer

I will Kill Bill
Feb 24, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
I was kind of pissed off to see that I wouldn't even be able to try out the demo of the game when I read that it required OS 10.2.6 because mine is 10.1.5. I recently downloaded it anyways and was jubilant to find that it actually ran in classic (OS 9.2). Anyways, with everything on low, 640 x 480, 16bit, it ran playably. Barely. At times I had to angle myself with my enemy so that I was facing an unclustered area so that the fps would be playable and I could actually fight back.

My question is on the level sizes of the full games. In the demo, I played the missions of "Mercenary activity - Tatooine" and "Cult sighting - Chandrila". The former ran very crappily indeed due to all the clutter around, and the latter ran decently except in places where you catch sight of the vast expanses of the place. Are there a lot of much-more cluttered levels and/or bigger areas in the full game?

G-Fresh

Red
Aug 6, 2001
Western Mancunia
I'd say most levels in the game are like the Tatooine one, but there are plenty of very large outdoor levels, not to mention the rancors and giant worms. By the sounds of it you'd really struggle. It's not a great loss to be honest, I'd only recommend buying it after it's released on budget in a year or so.

fist_mlrs

that other guy
Jan 4, 2001
Zittau, Germany
www.fistmlrs.com
me liked it. isn't it budget allready anyway?

but with no details and low fps you won't realy have fun with this game. it isn't exactly the most story-intensive game i ever played. actually i had most fun in the great looking jedi-jedi battles, just like in jk2. with bad fps you are ****ed in the later levels.

Last edited:

Cold Killer

I will Kill Bill
Feb 24, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
Well the sparks and sabers are still easy to see, so all I'm really missing is the hi-res textures and... player models that don't look like their skin has sharp edges.

What did you mean about the later levels? That you go up against a lot of bad guys at once? If that's all, then I think my computer could handle it, as player models don't seem to chug it up much. It's mostly the environment.

Cold Killer

I will Kill Bill
Feb 24, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
Just got the game two days ago, and just finished beating it through with a male and a female. When I eagerly went to join an online game, however, it kept "finding servers" forever.

My question is, there ARE still servers out there, right? Can one of you start up your own Jedi Academy programs and tell me if you get any servers, and if so, what I could be doing wrong?

Cold Killer

I will Kill Bill
Feb 24, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
New problem:
After getting the new monitor, the game is still set to the old resolution and whenever I try to open it, it just goes black because it can't display it. Any solutions?