cant connect to some online servers like the DM and TDM ones

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
If it is not the eax thing , cant it be a firewall problem ?
If you have a firewall, there is always the possibility that one of the server IP you try to join is included in an IP range you have choosen to block.
Or it is possible that you do not give permission in firewall to unrealtournament.exe or infiltration.exe.

Then there is always the ping or lag problem and your netspeed setting.

Sometime , i had the stuck to connecting problem after downloading a map from a server i didnt have.
A simple
reconnect
typed in the console usually did the trick and allowed me to connect completly to the server , once i had all the files needed.

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
Saladin,

If you can not connect to 451 servers (I know that u can connect to GD and GD is not 451). Then you have the EAX patch somehow. A while back I had GD on 451 and found out about this connecting "issue" from NTKB and Ghost (plus others). So I tried all that I could to get EAX patch client to connect after a map change- with ZERO luck. I could not even figure out how to get all of the EAX update out from my test install.

The best thing to do is to reinstall UT and the standard UT 436 patch, then INF. If you have the Inf CD the patch is on it.