.50BMG pistol ... OUCH!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
This one's for real too ...

quoted from thread in another forum where this photo originated...
from Dr. Lunde:
"For those who didn't catch it, there was a 50BMG single-shot pistol shown at the SHOT Show, in the North Hall. The company is Triple Action LCC at booth #9255. I was able to get some photos. They have a video running that shows it being shot. It uses a nitrogen recoil dampening system, sort of like a hydraulic mechanism.
thunder50bmg-1.jpg

thunder50bmg-2.jpg

thunder50bmg-3.jpg

I'm kinda surprised it has iron sights on it and no scope rail.

could be fun in INF :p

Last edited:

Crazy_Ivan

KAR whore
Jan 30, 2003
1,5meters below sea level
Visit site
as far as my gun knowledge goes:
You have the visible car-style damper on the underside of the barrel, and the bulge at the end. In there is another damper. The part of the barrel before the black thing can slide back with the recoil.

I think it's about the same mechanism as the oil-filled dampers on your car

Meplat

Chock full-o-useless information
Dec 7, 2003
Phoenix,Arizona
There's been .50 BMG handguns before this one, but none were that small. Most depended on huge, elaborate muzzlebreaks to make them shootable.

Regarding "why", there are people who like shooting very small groups, at very long ranges. Most of the .50 cal rifles sold in the U.S. are to paper punchers. I suspect the handguns will be used for a similar recreation. (Or as a surrogate penis..)

Meplat-

MadWoffen

Soon! ©
May 27, 2001
Belgium
www.bifff.net
Meplat said:
(Or as a surrogate penis..)

Meplat-

Lol, I have been thinking the same...

The only utility is see in this gun is the techno research it provided to achieve errr this. (But could be usefull on other more "serious" applications)