UT2K4 Demo....Your thoughts?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Same here. UT2003 left me insensitive but this demo rocks :) .

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Orochi said:
OMFG ROFL OLOLOLOLO!!!! he doesnt know goshen!!!!11111

WHATANUB!!!!

Meh, I'm not a super unusual forum person like you that knows everything anyone here ;) . I only starting visiting regularly after I got severely p*ssed off with Pezman's attitude on the Atari forums.

Anyway, I didn't find anything in the classics forum. All I found using the search was this guy :

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/member.php?u=8457

Nemephosis said:
So how is this an older unreal title?

It's a demo. It will be come deprecated as soon as the full monty arrives :p .

eLy

Mar 18, 2003
Visit site
uhm, i'll just post it here:
where's info about FragBU ? (servers, time, pw)
i would like to play sometime...if i may =)
thx

eLy

Mar 18, 2003
Visit site
well didn't mean to be tooo lazy, but i searched the page and the forums for info for approx 10 minutes. and couldn't find anything....me<n00b (or is is newbie?=)

so i guess the correct forum is the BuF classics,.....i'll try it there l8er, thx

Last edited:

eLy

Mar 18, 2003
Visit site
no, that's too far away,

i always heard of buf and never knew what it is, and since this is a great community building site, i would have expected to see a link on the front page or a stickie in the forums.

Deleted the demo after 40 mins :(

So I still like UT the best... I didnt really notice too much of a diffrence between UT2k3 and UT2k4... seemed a bit smoother but the voice overs were damn awful, the sexy announcer was... eh, and the sniper rifle was sorta a let down IMO . I thought I downloaded UT2k3 again till I tried assult :p

But before you start the flames, let me say while team deathmatch was medicore, the models look a hella lot better, and assult was a riot. For once you actually know what the heck you have to do while attacking, which is really nice compared to UT`s lose-cause-you-dont-know-what-the-heck-to-do. And the vehicles were pretty sweet... I got bored after 20 minuetes, but I`m sure it woulda grown on me in a few days. The options menu is actually *gasp* user friendly, and the original retuned UT music was a very nice touch :).

Overall I`ll eventually buy UT2k4, but I think I`ll wait till some rockin mods (UT Annihilation comes to mind) and a few bonus packs come out. Sides, I`m still dirt broke :(

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Well Fragbu used to be for UT, but when UT2K3 came along naturally it switched to that game. And now to Ut2k4. Just the way things are :B

I think the day Fragbu will be held there's always someone who post a thread with info on the games. Maps you'll need, exact time etc..

The buf frontpage lists the Fragbu servers that's it.