Ridin on Vehicles?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
The manta should allow for three players minimum. The Hellbender allows for three but it's annoying that you can't get into the turret instead of the driver's seat like in XMP (maybe I just haven't figured it out). The Scorpion has room for two also but I don't think it would be practical with the bola style weapon it has. You should be able to get a few players on the Goliath.

P.S : Props to anyone who manages to do some Raptor "riding" :D .

Last edited:

Orochi

It's Dr.Orochi now, M.D. woot!
Fearless said:
The Hellbender allows for three but it's annoying that you can't get into the turret instead of the driver's seat like in XMP (maybe I just haven't figured it out).

P.S : Props to anyone who manages to do some Raptor "riding" :D .

just press 2 or 3 to switch to the side or rear turrets

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I don't think that he means "in the vehicle", I think Webslinger is saying "in, on, around, or otherwise attached to the vehicle.

That would make a great POTD!

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
Fast paced piano music on the way...

Keystone Cops here we come... :D

2b.jpg

WebSlinger

bNotNegative != False
Feb 29, 2000
Oklahoma City, OK
yes hal that's right...

open instant action ONS... run to the manta, jump on the wing but don't get in the vehicle. A bot will get in the vehicle and take you for a ride. what other vehicles can let you do this? Raptor? Scorpoin?

I wonder if this is intentional. It could be the exploit that kills ONS. The manta is fast... I bet you could get 2 players on each wing. I don't think you're supposed to be able to move that many peopl that quickly across the map. Can someone with Epic connections inquire about this? I'm just a little concerned that it's an exploit... thanks

MattMacD

May 10, 2001
Andover, UK
Whenever I stand on the wing of the manta, and a friend drives off in it, I randomly die after a while, as if I was standing underneath.

It worked the first couple of times we tried it, but now we always die...

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I got telefragged by a manta on my own team the other day. I got squashed between it and the hellbender :p

spineblaZe

VFX Extraordinaire
Apr 8, 2003
MN
Visit site
Yeah Webby, whenever I play online my teammate will take off in a Manta, and I just use voice chat and yell "Hey, "Player", come back here!!!"

Then I see them turn around and come back, and I hop on a wing. "Ok, NOW go."

Most people stop to type "OH Cool!!!!" I didn't know that" because they don't have mics set up. :( It is hella fun though. :D

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
BoboThePenguin said:
I have a "similar" Idea. I wonder how many people can link with the link gun together?

As many as available I'd think but it's probable that the link gun maxes out after a certain number of links. It's pretty cool to link up to another team mate to help a node power up faster. Whoever thought of using the link gun in this way at Epic is a genius because it was pretty useless in UT2003.

P.S : Two link guns firing at each other should equal infinite firepower in theory :D .

DaBeatard

Mr.How
Nov 20, 2002
Visit site
Webby, I remember reading somewhere that CliffyB mentioned how much fun it was to ride on the Manta. So I would say that it's not an exploit and that Epic is well aware of it.

WebSlinger

bNotNegative != False
Feb 29, 2000
Oklahoma City, OK
k, beat... thanks :)

see attached... see how much room is left? I bet you could fit 4 people on each wing... that's 8 people riding a manta!

I rode the top of a tank earlier tonight... it was really bumpy, I couldn't even hit a powernode with the LG!

Attachments

• Riding.jpg
    Riding.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 88

Kilrogg

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Did someone try to ride on the scorpion blades ? I won't try it now, maybe later, but if someone wants to try and tell us if you can ride them, that would be great ;) Too bad the driver would have to maintain the button, or else, bye bye ! :lol: