converting QuakeII weapons (custom made) to UT

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Tave

Super Noob
Oct 1, 2003
Milton Keynes UK
Visit site
hi
im at my wits end trying to convert a custom quake II weapon to UT, i just cant do it, i guess im just thick
can anyone tell me how or point me to a tuturial that can help me before i go insane

thanks

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Depends what you mean by "convert". You'll probably have to re-code it, they are after all two separate games. If this is a code thing I can either plunk this in the Coding forum, or the Weapons of Destruction Ask A Coder section.

Tave

Super Noob
Oct 1, 2003
Milton Keynes UK
Visit site
basicly i found a skin for a weapon in quake 2 that i would like to have instead on the enforcer, but have no idea how i would swap/change it
if you could drop this in s forum that makes more sense that would be much appreciated

thanks

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
You would have to actually create the skin, Quake 2's pistol not only doesn't resemble the enforcer in the slightest but they're different games.

hmm. It's about creating a skin, so I'll drop this in WOD's Mod Request and let them handle this one.

Postal

I apear to have lost my pin.
Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
Some games, like Quake/Half-Life, you can replace the look of the weapons just by replacing files. Unreal Engine doesnt do this, however, you can add new meshes, and textures, and so forth.

Excluding code, it is possible to export models from Quake and HL, and just import them into UT, but thats a big NO NO.(It can be, and has been done, but dont tell anyone, or distribute it) If you wanted to learn to model, and make a copy from scrach, thats fine.

Tave

Super Noob
Oct 1, 2003
Milton Keynes UK
Visit site
ok, i was being kinda vague in my previous posts, which probably doesny give you guys much to go on.
what i have is the bolt gun from the 40K spacemarine model. as you probably know the UT spacemarine model was coverted from the Quake II model, well awhile back i found a 40k bolt gun that goes with the QII model, i downloaded it in the hope that i could find a way of getting it into UT.
so i have all the QII files for the gun and the textures too ( in jpg form) however i have no modeling progs or any idea on what to do with the stuff.
what im after is a gun that fires say twice as fast as the enforcer and can penertrate walls with the bolt gun textures.

if anyone can do this or tell me how too ( id rather do it myself ) then that would be great.

Last edited: