PDA

View Full Version : Bit Torrent is the suckage.

Lizard Of Oz
11th Feb 2004, 10:05 PM
The upper dialog is Bit Torrent, the lower is a standard download.

http://www.nefarious-240z.com/Pub/BitTorrent.jpg

W0RF
11th Feb 2004, 10:12 PM
That's nice. My torrent speed was about the same as your DL speed, and I've been ULing at 40 for the last hour.

[IsP]KaRnAgE
11th Feb 2004, 10:18 PM
My Torrent never went higher than 25kb/s. :hmm: It averaged out at about 15 I would say.

ChumLord
11th Feb 2004, 10:21 PM
I beleive it has to do with who you got seeded from, and if there are alot of ppl on the seed that are not leaving their clients open after the d/l finishes so that they aren't properly contributing back. The seed from http://www.filerush.com gave me 169kbs down in just under 5 min. I left the upload cooking for about 3 hours and got upto around 45kbs up for the duration.

Orochi
11th Feb 2004, 11:06 PM
if you got your torrent from fasterfiles you would've had nice speeds in the hundreds

MachDelta
11th Feb 2004, 11:27 PM
I thought all these seeds were supposed to be interlinked? I spent 3 hours getting mine off of BT, usually around the 20k/s mark (though it topped out at 50 a few times).
I uploaded just fine though. When I was messing around in single, I was still uploading at like 50k/s. I left it going for a couple hours too - when I finally closed it I had uploaded something like 1.1gb of the demo :D. I guess you could say I made 5.5 peoples days today! ;)

ChumLord
11th Feb 2004, 11:44 PM
I thought all these seeds were supposed to be interlinked?
I'm no BT expert, but I believe that you only interlink with other seeds on that particular server.

when I finally closed it I had uploaded something like 1.1gb of the demo . I guess you could say I made 5.5 peoples days today!
That's what BT is all about :)

thewalkingman
11th Feb 2004, 11:46 PM
Getright > torrents

ChumLord
12th Feb 2004, 12:06 AM
Getright > torrents
Does Getright alleviate bandwidth consumption at the host? If not, no way ;)
BitTorrent allows anyone to host a file for download without the fear of consuming massive ammounts of transfer and therefore paying out of pocket for the transfer from the host afaik :)

Swedix
12th Feb 2004, 01:49 AM
It started up a bit slow for me, but that's how BT works before you get all connections.
Mine speed was mostly above 120KB

[DF]phalanx
12th Feb 2004, 07:44 AM
dunno
i couldn't get the damn thing working IE doesn't like java for some reason
i got it from jolt at 80kp/s

TossMonkey
12th Feb 2004, 08:34 AM
My download speed was 50kb/s and upload was 10kb/s. And I left my window open for a good couple hours afterwards. :)

You guys must just suck ;D

SugarBear
12th Feb 2004, 08:37 AM
I got it from the BU frontpage in about six minutes

thewalkingman
12th Feb 2004, 09:40 AM
How do I seed a file that was never downloaded through bit torrent?

Assuming the final filename is the same and you have a bit torrent client just click and start your torrent in the same location the file is in.

This also works if you have a corrupted file from a website and you dont have the time to redownload the file.Bit torrent will analyze the file and download the needed chunks for your file.