PDA

View Full Version : Pain2k3 Mod No Work !!Please Help!!

Beefbrains
4th Feb 2004, 02:33 AM
I have been messing around for a couple of months with the pain2k3 mod and cannot get any of the newer versions like version 7,8,9 to work totally on my server. I have tried hundreds of different things at this point and spent many hours. Still no worky! I have done everything it says to do and even contacted the coder to explain problems with certain guns not zooming or the shoulder cannon freaking out. NO REPLY yet. Has anyone else had these problems and could someone please help!!!

Smoke39
4th Feb 2004, 07:58 PM
Pain2K3 wasn't made to work in network play. It hasn't been tested, and I don't know much about making stuff work in a network game. As for your e-mails, hotmail may have eaten them, thinking they were spam.

Beefbrains
5th Feb 2004, 11:01 AM
Awsome, didnt expect to here from you. You know I love your mod I think its the best and defenitly my favorite af all time. Also, hotmail does that to me all the time. I guess its probably a good thing with all the crap thats out there.
I think it has something to do with tick's. at least a couple of the error messages were in reference to something about them. If you would be willing I am going to mess around some more and ill try to debug it a little so that I can get some errors or something like that. If you get a little free time and provideing you want to lets try to get it working. All these people I know and play with regularly really want to play your newer version. Help me if you can and want. Your awsome. Thanks again. :D

Nemephosis
5th Feb 2004, 07:12 PM
He would have to write netcode for it. As he said, he didn't make it for net play. Debugging won't work, the code that makes it work online is not in there.

Postal
5th Feb 2004, 07:31 PM
Heres the problem you would have to rewrite large sections. Its a pain.

Smoke39
5th Feb 2004, 09:37 PM
Not only is it a pain, I don't really know how it works.

Beefbrains
5th Feb 2004, 09:46 PM
Well that really sucks I guess. More work than I would want to do also. hehe. I wish I knew more about all of the coding in unreal, I have still got alot to learn. I was just stuck on quake to long. On the other hand if someone were to offer money for the recoding what would a ruff estimate be. Or actually what would someone want. Hypitheticly. If someone wanted to do it. Dang I'm a pain. I just love this mod man. :D Thanks you guys for all the help buy the way. Your awsome.

Postal
8th Feb 2004, 01:06 PM
I doubt you will find someone. You either gotta do it you're self, or bug and pester Smoke till he does it.

Beefbrains
8th Feb 2004, 01:12 PM
I doubt you will find someone. You either gotta do it you're self, or bug and pester Smoke till he does it.

Hehe i,ve prob bugged him enough hehe. I am trying to learn a bunch more so I can try it myself. I'm going to have to jack it up a bunch before I figure it out. I'm going to talk to my buddy who works for Ion Storm and see if he can help me we will see I guess.

soldat
10th Feb 2004, 02:23 AM
hmm... beef, if you decide to go for the network stuff, here's a page that may help you... it does a good job explaining what things are. like a dumbproxy. it may not be sufficient, but hey it's a good start

http://www.planetunreal.com/pipeline/tutorials/guidedripper.html

Beefbrains
10th Feb 2004, 10:20 AM
soldat, I checked it out and its pretty cool. Everyday Im learning more ill tell you that much. You know dumb question but was UT based off java? Anyway I think im getting a little further with this I got all of the zoom functions working well at least half way. Thanks

Beefbrains
10th Feb 2004, 10:35 AM
You know I guess I should ask Smoke39 if you mind if I manipulate your code? I am still giving you credit for all of the stuff. Its up to you. Also, do you want the end result if it works good? Let me know... :)

Postal
10th Feb 2004, 12:38 PM
UScript based off C++

Beefbrains
10th Feb 2004, 05:42 PM
Got ya. Thanks...

Smoke39
11th Feb 2004, 08:36 PM
You know I guess I should ask Smoke39 if you mind if I manipulate your code? I am still giving you credit for all of the stuff. Its up to you. Also, do you want the end result if it works good? Let me know... :)
Why don't you just join me as the official slammin'-guy-who-makes-Pain2K3-work-online-person? ;)

And UScript was designed to be a sort of mix of java and C, if that's what you were asking.

Beefbrains
12th Feb 2004, 10:53 AM
lol Sounds fine to me but you know more about making that stuff than I do. I am having to get alot of help from friends. And stuff like that. hehe. I've learned alot tho and am learning a little more all of the time. Lets talk more. Ive got version 5 working perfect, well at least I think. Version 8 and 9 are the ones I am really having a problem with.

Smoke39
12th Feb 2004, 11:40 PM
Sounds like you've gotten more working than I have, which to me indicates that you're qualified for the job.

Drake_Osiris<vortex>
13th Feb 2004, 12:47 PM
First: UNREAL was based off of Java and C++, why should UT be any different?
Second: Well, I should THINK he would get the job. Sounds like UT2K3 is a bigger pain than UT....

EvilDrWong
13th Feb 2004, 12:56 PM
Second: Well, I should THINK he would get the job. Sounds like UT2K3 is a bigger pain than UT....
:eek2: Coding for 2k3 is so much easier than coding for UT. Leaps and bounds and all that junk.

Postal
13th Feb 2004, 04:02 PM
Disagree, we all knew Unreal, then UT came out, and all we had to do was mild changes and so most stuff came over easly. Then UT2k3 comes out, and they break everything apart into a dozen parts.

Smoke39
13th Feb 2004, 08:36 PM
I agree with Postal.

Beefbrains
17th Feb 2004, 11:34 AM
This is prob not the place to ask this but you guys are the smart ones of the forum it seems. I have tried all kinds of ways besides editing stuff to remove only the invisibilty combo from UT 2003 without removeing the rest of the combos. No luck yet. Can anyone help me with this. Or does anyone know a mut that removes just that combo that will work in Netplay. Any help will be appreciated.

Postal
17th Feb 2004, 12:44 PM
I dunno, but that is a useless combo, I wouldnt mind removing it.

Beefbrains
21st Feb 2004, 05:43 AM
I agree. I am using damage based adren rules and it sucks that someone can be invisible the whole game. hehe. I had to remove the extra adren rules for the meantime.

Beefbrains
22nd Feb 2004, 12:50 PM
Why don't you just join me as the official slammin'-guy-who-makes-Pain2K3-work-online-person? ;)

And UScript was designed to be a sort of mix of java and C, if that's what you were asking.

Sorry havent got back with you in a few days I have had to work so much lately. Woopie. Dude I used some example code from a guy I have been talking to (Mr. Evil) and it seems like I got your Erppc zoom working in version 9. Havent tried and tested it a whole lot yet but I am working on it. I still can't figure out how to just strip out one of your weapons so I can load just that weapon without the entire u file Pain2k3. Do you know how to do this?? I guess I don't know what all of the files I need to decompile just to only get one weapon or piece of the code out. Hehe talk later. :lol: