Quake 3 Vs Unreal Tournament!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Gouryella

Feb 18, 2000
London
Visit site
Does anyone here actually like Quake 3 at all? I think it's totally rubish and UT wees all over it!!

------------------
by the king of Street Fighter 2!!

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
Cool we havent had one of these threads in a while! *anxiously waits for the ensuing flame wars*

Heh. He registered just to say that.

bullet2.gif

The Monkeys are ruining my concentration by punching each other in the genitals. I tried to stop them, but they just punched me in the genitals. At first it was funny, but now it's just annoying.

B

BitchSmack

Umm.. a bit of advice..
Despite Liquid Sins over exaggerated enthusiam (hehe), I would not pursue this topic. BUT HEY..don't say I didn't warn ya!

bullet2.gif

"The only thing that makes life
bearable is the knowledge that
some poor bastard has it much
worse than you" - hrdwaremyk³

"Sit! Roll Over! Play dead! Stay that way!" - BitchSmack

war

Jan 22, 2000
sandstone va usa
Visit site
its friday ive been drinkin i want some entertainment someone start a flame war /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif but dont tell anyone i told ya to do it /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

bullet2.gif

for anyone who cares SLIPKNOT will be on connan o'brian (some show that comes on nbc at 12:30am) on feb 25th

Claude_Ballz

Ballz-Like
Jan 17, 2000
Visit site
"wees" ?? Ok........... Yes, it is official .. go check any gaming magazine, website, your grandma ..... whatever. QUAKE IS DEAD AND UT KILLED THAT BIOTCH !!!
Have a nice fraggin' day.

bullet2.gif

Say Hello To My Little Friend!

[PuF]STC_Haplo

Jan 22, 2000
Scotland
utatstc.homestead.com
Jesus how many time are we gonna see this we al KNOW the answer if anyone here orefered Q3A over UT THEY WOULD BE AT PLANET QUAKE...........

AAAAARARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I Love Children....But I Couldn't Eat A Whole One....

bullet2.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Two in the heart and one in the head....Always leaves the enemy dead....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gouryella

Feb 18, 2000
London
Visit site
[PuF]STC_Haplo,

Have you ever thought that some people might like both games? Some people might prefer one game to another!! Some people might visit both sites!!

Think before you write!!

Nuff said!!

bullet2.gif

Mr. Scary

Speedemupus-Guitarist-Shreddish
Nov 10, 1999
Arizona
Visit site
".....those idiots over at PlanetQuake." -Bones.
Back in the day, comments like that would tick me off. I initially started posting at the PlanetQuake forum when Q2 finally had a good CTF program. Then when I bought Unreal, I posted my questions here.
I like both games. Q3:A on the other hand, I probably won't go out and buy it until I'm jonesing for a new game. Why? Because I love Unreal Tournament and I don't see a need to have yet another 3d shooter on my HD, and I think UT holds an edge over Q3:A in many aspects.
But back to the ".....idiots" comment. So, because I frequent PlanetQuake, that makes me an idiot? Sheesh, I don't think so buddy. Sure, maybe a small population of the PlanetQuake forumers talked smack back in the Unreal days, but don't categorize every forumer just because of their preference to a game, or a forum.

Mr. Scary

bullet2.gif

a.k.a. Roger the Shrubber

[PuF]STC_Haplo

Jan 22, 2000
Scotland
utatstc.homestead.com
"Think Before I Type" Listen Monkey Boy I HAVE Both Games and I LIKE Both Games but this topic has been covered beaten bashed and hammered to death on this forum MANY times already lol.......

bullet2.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Two in the heart and one in the head....Always leaves the enemy dead....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
I've got 4 shooters on my HD - UT, Q1, Q2 and Shogo - and I play them all (UT the most though). I regularly play Q1 against my next-door neighbour (who's also a good friend) and our games are funny as hell.

I agree about the UT vs Q3A argument. It's been done more times than I can remember. At least if you really want to debate it, go and add to a previous thread. If there are no previous threads, doesn't that tell you something? (Like, for example, it's old?)

bullet2.gif

I wandered lonely as a cloud, o'er the hills and valleys, until I stepped in some frickin' dog sh*t! Aarrgh!

BeZerKeR

Feb 12, 2000
hometown.aol.com
who would win a fight between a Snork and a Smurf? I think the Snork's got it all the way... Unless the Smurf pulled a Vermicious Kanid out his hat... Then the Snork would be in some serious ****!!! (Unless it was Honker, He ruled!)

bullet2.gif

"Khorne cares not from whence the blood flows... nor do I"
"BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!"

Gouryella

Feb 18, 2000
London
Visit site
[PuF]STC_Haplo,

You just contradicted yourself in your last post like an idiot that you are!! Take my advice and think before you write and most importantly, before you post!! Idiot!!

Nuff said!!

bullet2.gif

ArKile

Just another grunt
Nov 15, 1999
Warrington, England
www.planetunreal.com
PC accelerator, bah! that stuff is made outta bog role my friend and as for Q3 vs UT, there isnt really a battle at all, i am friends with a many people in the quake 2 community and so far almost all of them say that Id should have waited to release it, they say that Q3:CTF is the worst Ctf mod ever (and lets face it, it is). Look whoever started this post obviously hasn't played both games or he wouldnt be asking.

Ive played both, q3 is ok, i'd give it 70%, because its only got DM, and the levels are poor (look god, play bad) but UT has everything you could want, well almost, if it had a team fortress type game mode, but hey we dont ask to much!

Quake is dead Id killed it.

S

Selerox[PuF]

The Q3 vs UT agrument is DEAD. UT is the better game.

A former Quake Fanatic speaks.

bullet2.gif

PuF: Way too scary!

LordKhaine

I sing the body electric...
Dec 6, 1999
UK
Visit site
For the most fair view of the Q3A vs UT debate, I would advice you look at PCZONE. They gave Q3A 89% and an honourably mention. They gave UT 90% and gave it a classic award. They also voted it as the 3rd best game of all time. They voted Q3A as the second best online game out at the moment, and surprise surprise they said UT was the best. Perfectly unbiased view in my opnion.
Discusion over. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Ps. Team Capture will rule the world!!!

bullet2.gif

The undisiplined mind is the playpen of chaos and disorder, so I guess I'm in trouble then. -[PuF]LordKhaine