Butterfly Effect

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

perrin98

Aug 17, 2000
Has anyone else seen this movie yet? It got terrible reviews, but I absolutely loved it. What did you all think?

-LP

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
My brother saw it about a week ago, but I haven't talked to him since so I don't know what his opinion of it was.

It looked pretty good from the trailers, but I just can't see "Kelso" playing a serious role...

-Keiichi

Last edited:

Philophobos

May 11, 2001
Visit site
I saw it opening day and was very impressed. Sure, it wasn't ground-breakingly original, earth-shatteringly well acted, or awe-inspiringly meaningful, but it was a good movie nonetheless.

As for those who make a huge deal about Ashton; just fucking get over it already. Yes, he normally plays non-serious roles and yes, he seems to be a teenybopper favorite, but he does just fine in this movie*. Just forget about the actors themselves and focus on the story in which their characters are participating and you'll be ok.

Oh, and the movie is very dark..in a mainstream movie sort of way. There isn't really a sustained cheery moment anywhere in the movie. The end my be a little too Hollywoodish for some, but I it was far from "Yay! Everything's fixed let's all dance a happy dance" happy; I would call it bittersweet.

In conclusion, go see it. It won't change your life, but it will make for an interesting couple of hours.

*Except for when he runs. Kutcher, in my opinion, has always looked goofy when he is running. Serious movie or not, Ashton running gets a smile from me.

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
It's good. There are a few moments when AK really couldn't pull it off, but they were few and far between. Overall both he and Amy Smart were good choices.

The movie is also pretty good, although
it breaks its own rules to create and ending

GNAT

Jan 4, 2001
WWW.TeamMuf.COM
Yes it was a good movie, and the ending was wrapped up like a fairy tail in my opinion. I wish it ended darker than that but ohh well... was still good.

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
I haven't seen it, but the concept seems good. I've always liked time travel movies (Back To The Future excepted), but god damnit, I HATE Ashton Kutcher. I guess they cancel each other out, meaning the movie doesn't even exist.

Shame :(

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
I was really aprehensive about seeing this movie. I didn't think it would be that good, really...

Until I saw it. :D I absolutely loved it. Kutcher did a complete turnabout with this role, compared to his previous roles in TV and film, he actually pulled off the serious bits quite well. Coming from a guy who filled in a role in "Dude, where's my car?", I think this movie allowed him to grow, quite a bit.

Oh, and NotBillMurray,
I really don't think that the end was breaking the rules. His dad used pictures, so why couldn't he? Just because *we* didn't see the blackout back then, doesn't mean he *didn't* have one back then. We only saw from the fsked up picture onwards, and we knew that he had blackouts before then, too.