PDA

View Full Version : FarCry - Demo is released

SaD
2nd Feb 2004, 05:24 PM
Anyone played the Singleplayer FarCry-Demo ?
I must say Iīm really impressed . Absolutly nice graphics and the physics seem to be very realistic (Dead Bodies are swimming in the water while losing the blood :) ) .

Itīs a really big download (496 MB) , but itīs worth the time you need .

FarCry - Homepage (http://www.farcry-thegame.com/)

http://skincity.beyondunreal.com/pimps/farcry1.jpg

SaD
2nd Feb 2004, 05:27 PM
Three more to go :D

CheapAlert
2nd Feb 2004, 06:49 PM
Yeah i've played the demo, i'm quite impressed, and the game is actually smart in a non-linear way (haven't played anything like that in a while, yay!), plus it runs gewd on my 1GHz w/ GF2 =)

I'll be gettin' it.

Luggage
2nd Feb 2004, 08:56 PM
Wow, those screens look awe-inspiring... I really have to finish dling that demo... I stopped at 85% a few days ago and didn'T yet resume it :)

klasnic
29th Mar 2004, 11:24 AM
Can't wait to get the retail which I think is out soon. Been keepin' an eye on this for a while :enforcer: Dunno when I'll find time 2 play tho :-)

Luggage
29th Mar 2004, 11:42 AM
It's out here already :p

SaD
29th Mar 2004, 11:44 AM
It's out here already :p

I got it , but no time to install it :D .

klasnic
29th Mar 2004, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the info... I'll go to the 'city' and get it during the wk :)

SaD
31st Mar 2004, 09:34 AM
Installed now :D .
Iīm really impressed. Only the german censoring is s**t.That means :
No blood after killed soldiers are lying in the water ...
Anyways , the game is really fun.

klasnic
16th Apr 2004, 12:36 PM
Great stuff - forgot to tell you I got it afterwards. Been playing it non-stop and it's excellent (though I'm not too good at stealth - prefer goin' in with guns blazing!) Graphics are spectacular and I'd love those models in UT as they're exactly what I've been lookin for all along. Can't play online though til i get my DSL ah well :tup: for Far Cry

BabyEater
16th Apr 2004, 11:20 PM
Much agreement. Absolutely stunning effects. It's like they took all the crappy stuff like water and weather and fauna and caught it up with everything else to make a dyn-o-mite world.

Renegadexan
17th Apr 2004, 02:10 AM
HEY THIS GAME SUCKS LIKE HELL I MEAN COME ON EVERYONE WHO LAY FAR CRY SAY UT2004 SUCKS AND NOW EVERYONE IN UT204 GO GET FAR CRY DUDE EVERYONE WHO LIKE FAR CRY CAN BAN ME FROM THIS FORUM AND BAN ME FORM EVERYTHING CAUSE I WONT STOP HAITNG FAR CRY ITS A INSULT TO UT :mad: :angst++:

SaD
17th Apr 2004, 05:42 AM
WTF ? :mad: :tdown:

Luggage
17th Apr 2004, 06:06 AM
Hehe, whatever :)

Hey dude, just because some people like Far Cry, that doesn't mean they don't like UT anymore, got it?

Anyways, I'm playing it atm, and I like how it's so long :)

Renegadexan
17th Apr 2004, 10:28 AM
no i dont(got it) cause they say ut sucked and they were saying far cry is the best game ever so i know u guys dont like ut look at u guys come oh i mean COME ON

CheapAlert
17th Apr 2004, 01:25 PM
What the blabber are you talking about? I love Quake1, Farcry, UT, NOLF, etc... There's one game I hate and it's ut2k3. :P

Renegadexan
17th Apr 2004, 01:29 PM
lol you are gay wow never meet one before how is it?

shadow_dragon
17th Apr 2004, 01:32 PM
I've got FarCry now aparently, i can't run it on higherst spec and maybe i should be playing it on easy instead of normal but, i find the stealth stuff a bit of a joke! I lob a grenade and instead of going towards the explosion they come straight for me! :rolleyes:

Also i've got to the upper deck now on that carrier, i thought i was just getting the hang of it untill then, but i have to climb up a poorly coded ladder and then somehow take down a minigun nest, helicopter and a group of mercenaries at once, using the kind of cover that is mostly explosive? Grrrr!

it's very pretty but it's no stealth game, Hitman is proper stealth! In Far Cry the only way i think you can do anything quietly is to crawl everywhere, prone, even crouching is heard isntantly by most of them! I gave up on it in the end and just gunned them all down as i came to them! *Shrugs!*

Slaughter
17th Apr 2004, 01:33 PM
@RenegadeXan
Dude you need a Doctor...

Renegadexan
17th Apr 2004, 01:35 PM
urg i tryed ar cry demo just to see if its really sucked and yes when i move after 15 ses my computer froze and no my comptuer is really good so **** far cry

shadow_dragon
17th Apr 2004, 01:37 PM
Xan! Your opinions are second rate and pointless! You say Far Cry is bad Because if you like it means you don't like UT? That doesn't even make sense! Turn your baseball cap round the right way and ask your mother for lessons in grammar and good manners eh?

Renegadexan
17th Apr 2004, 01:42 PM
Edit by moderator: Don't insult people just because they like a game that you don't. That's kind of pointless, you know.

shadow_dragon
17th Apr 2004, 01:45 PM
I suggest no more replies untill the mods remove the troll! I've reported him!

(BTW- Way to prove me wrong man! Right on!)

Renegadexan
17th Apr 2004, 01:47 PM
**** U YOU ASK ME TO USE GOOD MANNERS AND LOOK AT U STUPID **** MONKEY U INSULT MY ENGLISH WHEN I DONT SPEAK IT AND U INSULT MY MOM

Renegadexan
17th Apr 2004, 01:50 PM
QUEER

L0R|) |)E/\TH
17th Apr 2004, 02:13 PM
Ok, i see the need for expressing how you feel about a game, but making fun of someones grammar who isn't english id goign over board.

WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH YOU QUEERS! Renegade might not like Far Cry, so why the **** you change the subject to his grammar you ****ing pussies.

Get bak to me you ****ing fags.... i'll be looking foward to it :instagib:

SaD
17th Apr 2004, 02:33 PM
RenegadeXan , I warn you .Change your behaviour or get banned .
If you want to talk about UT , Iīm happy to have you here , but if you want to insult people , itīs the wrong place here.

I run SkinCity nearly 5 years and I really like UT/UT2xxx , but I also like other good games.So , whatīs the problem ?

Edit : RenegadeXan , after talking to other moderators , I decided to ban you .We donīt tolerate a behaviour like yours .

shadow_dragon
17th Apr 2004, 02:38 PM
I've insulted no one!
Grammar is also universal, you do not need to be english to be polite! Nither do you need to be a genius to make a new account for the sake of spam, or indeed to be aware of someone else doing it!

SaD
17th Apr 2004, 02:38 PM
so why the **** you change the subject to his grammar you ****ing pussies.:

You should read the FAQ of this forum before posting .

Certain words may have been censored by the administrator. If your posts contain any censored words, they will be blanked-out like this: ****.

Be warned , you are the next one to get banned , if you act the way you did with your first post.

BabyEater
17th Apr 2004, 02:47 PM
It's amazing to me when people who claim they don't speak English are so adept at using abbreviations when they type it, such as "U ALL U CAN." When in fact, when people speak like that, we typically assume that they're middle school punks who speak the language perfectly well but butcher it when they type for the sheer desire to look/sound like a chiq "hax0r."

So our apologies there. But when you come in with guns blazing, like you so eloquently did, be prepared for people to fire back, and don't cry about it when it happens.

Oh, and tell your mom she's sitting on the caps lock. :D
T.

PS: UT2004 *and* FarCry rock. And too bad your computer crashes. My computer just scoffed. :)