Call of Duty 1.2 Patch

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

LifesBane(4Corners)

Sep 27, 1999
come.to
Wow... what a nearly total cockup of a once great online game. If I want any amount of "simulated realism", I'll go play INF. (Anyone who plays COD will know what I'm talking about... not necessarily agree, but know what I'm talking about nonetheless)

Am I the only one that feels this way?

(Okay... so it's not TOTALLY messed up... but grr... I felt they had sniping down perfectly. I had SO much fun with it.)

:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
What's wrong with the patch?? :con:

I have a nice Call Of Duty box sitting somewhere at home and I haven't even installed it. If you say it sucks, I guess it will stay there gathering dust.

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
Be more specific, what did they change and why was it bad?
Edit: a quick glance at the patch docs seems to give me the impression that they are doing some things to combat bunnyhopping and 'balance' the sniper class... (which was REDICULOUSLY overpowered and easy to use)

This is bad?

Last edited:

LifesBane(4Corners)

Sep 27, 1999
come.to
The anti-bunnyhopping thing is fine with me... I never really felt the need to do that in the first place. But the thing is, in my opinion, YES they ruined the sniper rifles. Overpowered before? I'd really not say so. I found it quite easy to take out snipers pre-patch, whether that was from countering with my own sniper rifle or just sneaking up behind them with a machinegun (or clubbing them with a nade hehe). Ease of use? In every other aspect the game plays like an arcadey shooter with easy to learn/use weapons. What's wrong with >all< the weapons being just as easy to adapt to and use?

Sure, some people may have complained about sniper rifles before. Myself, I didn't see any more complaints than the sniper rifles of any other game got. But there was an option to turn them off at least. So if those complaints are why they made these changes, they better at least put another patch out with an option to revert to the old mode, because there are >far< more people complaining about how sniper rifles are >now< than from before, at least from what I have seen and experienced.

Games are all about fun, and in every LAN and multiplayer game I've done, everyone was having a GREAT time with COD how it was. (Some of my greatest gaming experiences in the past couple months have come from some COD sniper matches with friends) Why suddenly attempt to try something new and not at least include an option to re-enable the old tried-and-true way?

I guess I'm mostly pissed off because I finally got out and got myself a copy to start playing online with some friends, and the next day this patch comes out and completely changes the flow of everything. :hmm:

Last edited by a moderator:

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
According to the lads in the CoD section of my PS outfit sniper's rifles are overused and overeffective.

I think you'll find that you are in a minority as far as disliking this change goes.

Mifffo

Jan 22, 2004
LifesBane[4C] said:
Wow... what a nearly total cockup of a once great online game. If I want any amount of "simulated realism", I'll go play INF. (Anyone who plays COD will know what I'm talking about... not necessarily agree, but know what I'm talking about nonetheless)

Am I the only one that feels this way?

(Okay... so it's not TOTALLY messed up... but grr... I felt they had sniping down perfectly. I had SO much fun with it.)

:mad:

if theres one thing i hate in that game its the sniping, damnit i hate those snipers. great if they have ****ed it up in version 1.2

LifesBane(4Corners)

Sep 27, 1999
come.to
By the way... just to keep it clear... I'm not saying that everyone who likes the changes suck or that they shouldn't have made the changes or anything... I'm just saying that they should have (or at least in the future, in my opinion) included some sort of option to revert back to the old rifles. It may be just because the patch is still very new, but from what I've witnessed in online play in this short time, no one even really uses the sniper rifles anymore. All the servers I've played on are just full of everyone running and gunning with submachine guns. Now, that's great for some people. Some people love that there are more submachine gun battles. Those would be the people who should keep that option (that the game needs) on. But... I don't know... It's just my opinion that if you are going to make a change that completely changes the flow of the game that you should at least have an option to play it in some sort of "Classic" mode.