So how bad did MTV screw up?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
I didn't see the half time show. I rarely do. Say this on the official NFL site.

Statement by NFL Executive Vice President Joe Browne regarding the Super Bowl halftime show:

"We were extremely disappointed by elements of the MTV-produced Halftime show. They were totally inconsistent with assurances our office was given about the show. It's unlikely that MTV will produce another Super Bowl halftime."

Edit: I just remembered I saw some of last years. Can it possibably be worse than that.

Last edited:

PBH

Waiting for Armageddon
Jan 2, 2004
ohio
I started watching the bowl. And in the first there was no exitment so i said to myself these comercials beter be good. I waited for the comericals and i didnt see one that made me amused in the slightest. Right then and there i stoped watching.:(

(SDS)benmcl

May 13, 2002
Visit site
Hello PBH. Hows it going. Getting some playing time in. Haven't been on the servers lately so I don't get a chance to seehow people are doing.

Yes its OT but since its about MTV, Half Time Shows and other drival don't worry about it. If you want to go OT here ya go. Wandering into topic once in awhile may be usefull though not mandatory.

5eleven

I don't give a f**k, call the Chaplain
Mar 23, 2003
Ohio
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong as to the point........

The statement issued by the NFL didn't have to do exactly with the show. They objected to an incident during the Janet Jackson/Justin Timberlake number. Justin pulled open Janet's costume and her right breast came out. At first it looks like there is a pastie on it, but it's actually a nipple clamp.

Some say MTV planned it, now they are saying that her costume accidentally tore during the act.

**edit** BTW, that looks as though it's held in with a piercing, and the pics were taken directly from the DrudgeReport.

Attachments

• jjt.jpg
    jjt.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 193
  • r2794264459.jpg
    r2794264459.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
I thought the whole thing was very odd. If anyone wants a link to a video clip of it, you may inquire in IRC. The whole thing had an air of "staged" to it, despite their shocked reactions. Timberlake comes out, reaches around JJ, and pulls hard on her right breast, ripping off the cover.

Two theories. 1 ) It was planned, strait out to happen that way. 2) A bunch of the costume designers high-fived each other as the breast was revealed. :)

novak

Oct 22, 2003
Visit site
I changed channel as the halftime show started so I missed it.. can't say that it bothers me much, though. Come on, one boob and the whole network goes apesh*t. Same goes for the streaker.. they just show the audience with their cameras pulled out photographing the whole thing.

Philophobos

May 11, 2001
Visit site
I am willing to admit that I am ignorant of such things, but I thought that all "live" television had a few minutes delay from when stuff actually happens to when it gets to the TV screen, so that they have time to bleep "naughty" words and cut away from shots of old pop stars' breasts.

Did I just make that up?

(SDS)benmcl

May 13, 2002
Visit site
If I remember correctly it may be a few seconds at most unless they set it up that way on purpose. I believe the Oscars have a time delay for bleeping out and stuff due to past problems. If I remember correctly usually the delay is under 30 seconds. It doesn't really take that long to order a cut to another camera or bleep something.

After this they will probably have something for next years show.

So no you didn't make it up. It just depends.

5eleven

I don't give a f**k, call the Chaplain
Mar 23, 2003
Ohio
Visit site
Hey, wait a minute.........what's that in Timberlake's left hand? Is that the cup of the costume bra??????

I hafta say I didn't see it live either, but apparently it was pretty damned quick.

LMFAO @ DamienW :lol:

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
Its so stupid how we americans make such a big deal out of this BS. Ooo boy, a tit. And to tell you the truth if americans stopped popping PC boners every time something like this happened we would be more enlightened to our bodies and less shameful and open about our nudity like some european nations. This is ridiculously inane. :rolleyes:

But it does make for some good jokes :lol: @ Keggy

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
Anybody aroused by such a tit needs medical help.

Anyway, she looks reallllllly old. Did they kidnaped the real Janet and replaced her with this... thing?

Last edited: