unwheel broke my regular multiplayer

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
both my roommate and i installed the newest beta, and now if we click to play online/lan, none of the tabs come up beyond "favorites". awesome. the mod is pretty cool; it's a hell of a lot better than unrealspeed, but now i'm gonna have to reinstall the game, which is decidedly uncool. i took all the unwheel files out of the system folder and moved them elsewhere and it still didn't work, so i'm out of ideas.

Shrimp

Seafood splatter
Jan 13, 2003
Deep in South Africa
shrimpworks.za.net
Hmm, I have never heard of anything even remotely like this before. The current release versaion of UnWheel doesn't make any interface changes, and certanly doesn't add or change anything to do with the mulplayer tabs.

Are you sure you didn't add any other mods or manually change your UT2003 config around the same time and maybe didn't try using the server selection tabs until after UnWheel was installed?

I wish I could help, but I haven't the faintest clue as to what may have caused it, or even if it was UnWheel's fault... Sorry.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
yeah, i really don't understand why it wouldn't work either. it did do something a little different today when i tried to play online. on the bottom left it said "connection failed - retrying" which it didn't say last night. doesn't make much sense seeing that my internet works.

another thing that doesn't make any sense is why it would happen to both my roommate and i. we didn't even do the same things to the mod... i installed kball, he didn't. he added the serverpackages stuff, i didn't. maybe the "master server" the game tries to contact when you start searching for online games to join broke?

in any case, we're gonna try a reinstall, and i'll try to put unwheel back on and see what happens.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
yeah... multiplayer is working again and i didn't even do anything. pretty random. obviously it wasn't unwheel. the only reason i associated it with unwheel was because the online thing has never stopped working before, and it stopped for both my roommate and i as soon as we installed unwheel. let's just call it a coincidence. :)

GRAF1K

****** Kamikaze
Oct 16, 2003
That happens to me sometimes too. It definately has nothing to do with UnWheel.

stevenhorton

Not of this World
Jan 9, 2004
Central USA
home.mchsi.com
Turns2Ashes, no, you didn't misspell anything. What I was commenting on wasn't the artwork, which is nice, but the phrase under it. Carmatic caught it that my comment was for "the vision of achievement blinds the vision of morality", so I just said "Yup:)".

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
yup. i mean, cool. :)

here's the one i used before the current one:
tiltim.jpg

carmatic

Jan 31, 2004
what happens if the studio/photographer/magazine/art club/advertisement company/movie producer finds that your using their picture?

::edit:: oh wait, your not using it anymore so ....