PDA

View Full Version : Gargoyle (UT)

CheapAlert
31st Jan 2004, 08:55 PM
Get the UTSM Gargoyle SDK! (http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/planetquake/gargoyle/gargoyle-utsm.zip)

Hey, its been a whiel.....

I hope for a wide variety of skins on this one due to simple uvw's and low polycount :P

One shot shows the rust skin, and as you can see in the corner, the hud doll is working. XD

The other shot is the "Cory", the black/red gargoyle that I still love. (Skin was made out of inspiration of the garg from RPGMaker2000, which fitted VERY well on the model)

}{ero /\/\ata
1st Feb 2004, 12:41 AM
so,when will it do out for us to test run?

Selig
1st Feb 2004, 01:51 AM
Any chance we may see a few gargs from Disney's series?

Hey, its been a whiel.....

I hope for a wide variety of skins on this one due to simple uvw's and low polycount :P

One shot shows the rust skin, and as you can see in the corner, the hud doll is working. XD

The other shot is the "Cory", the black/red gargoyle that I still love. (Skin was made out of inspiration of the garg from RPGMaker2000, which fitted VERY well on the model)

CheapAlert
1st Feb 2004, 11:14 AM
so,when will it do out for us to test run?
Not for a while. I'd like to release this soon as well but I'm actually waiting for a couple of skins to come finished *coughcough*ANTI*coucghooucgh*Wildcard*coughcough*Morpha*coughcouh*
Any chance we may see a few gargs from Disney's series?

OH CRAP GOD NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
maybe Brooklyn later on..... but everything else, ACK :P

JohnnySix
1st Feb 2004, 04:57 PM
Nice one!

Are you going to release them as a package or individually? :)?

How's progress on the female garg? :D?

CheapAlert
1st Feb 2004, 05:51 PM
I'll try to release a non UMOD'd version.

The bigwing female garg, ooooh, i'm not sure if I should post shots of her in this family friendly messageboard :O

manslauter
1st Feb 2004, 06:47 PM
y no one answers my thread..my skins are nice..umm ya right

CheapAlert
1st Feb 2004, 07:18 PM
Please don't whine about your thread in other's threads.

Thank you.

Selig
1st Feb 2004, 10:49 PM
I dunno, Brooklyn would be cool but I wouldn't dismiss the others offhandedly... Goliath would be neat. He'd look good with the big guns. A few of the females (Angela, Demona) would also be pretty cool. Lol, and imagine their big rottie type garg running around on two legs with a gun... There are plenty of other cool characters in the series that may be neat ot mess around with. I recall a group who were adversaries to the Gargoyles, and they became cyborgs later in the series.

As I recall, that group (Of 5 I think) competed in tournament combat. Come to think of it they'd all probably jump at the opportunity to compete in something like Unreal Tournament.

Just something to think about... Look at Japanese animation a lot too, there are dozens of cool characters people haven't even considered making into models for the game yet. I find the whole thing so complicated I'm still straining to even understand the basics of Unreal Editor. When I learn enough I suppose I can try to give it a shot too, but don't expect something spectacular for my first.:P

SaD
2nd Feb 2004, 04:38 AM
i'm not sure if I should post shots of her in this family friendly messageboard :O

:lol: .
Canīt wait to see her .

CheapAlert
2nd Feb 2004, 09:42 AM
Just something to think about... Look at Japanese animation a lot too,

Anime doesn't interest me much though, I get very little influence from it. :O
It's just that I didn't like the Gargoyles show and I'm not that interested into making stuff from it. I can do most of some else though and i've got a gallery of different gargs to base my model's ideas on :P

Hehe, and on your attempts, good luck :) (Oh and you don't have to learn the basics of UnrealEd to model, you can start with modeling in blender or Milkshape, and rigging it to a PSK skeleton for UT in Milkshape, exporting and doing the finishing touches (sound, hud doll, etc). My model is generically called "Gargoyle" so i'll try to put up alot of skin variety for it.. heh.

I've added a link to the SDK for those who want to skin it. You'll need UTSkinmaker to use it.

CheapAlert
2nd Feb 2004, 07:04 PM
:lol: .
Canīt wait to see her .

Are you serious? :P

Curve[UK]
26th Feb 2004, 06:09 PM
Bring her on!

SaD
27th Feb 2004, 08:39 AM
Are you serious? :P

Yeah Man :D

Sorry for the late reply .

CheapAlert
27th Feb 2004, 02:10 PM
http://www.planetquake.com/gargoyle/arena/gallery/bigwingm1c.jpg

Untextured view, as her face looks fugly atm

SaD
27th Feb 2004, 04:12 PM
http://www.planetquake.com/gargoyle/arena/gallery/bigwingm1c.jpg

Nice boo.. eyes :D .
Canīt wait to see this beauty textured :)

Curve[UK]
28th Feb 2004, 08:32 AM
Bring it on! Mr.cheapalert Heh

CheapAlert
28th Feb 2004, 01:45 PM
As an amusing side-effect with the rigging, her b00bs jiggle as she runs. Trust me, SabbathCat's seen it ;)

SaD
28th Feb 2004, 01:55 PM
As an amusing side-effect with the rigging, her b00bs jiggle as she runs. Trust me, SabbathCat's seen it ;)

:eek: :D

JohnnySix
4th Mar 2004, 01:39 PM
L:DL @ Jiggling.

Indeed they jiggle, quite convincingly I might add, just like Pammy on a treadmill :D

}{ero /\/\ata
13th Mar 2004, 07:24 PM
CheapAlert, is any of the two models done enough yet for a test run?

CheapAlert
13th Mar 2004, 10:42 PM
On!

CheapAlert
31st Mar 2004, 11:39 AM
I'm doing a tweaked mesh for the gargoyle, to make it look like firebrand :D (or Red Arremmer for some of you)

Unfortunately the default body skin (Skin0) doesn't work for the player, just the bot. Colored skins work absolutely fine though.

I'll have shots later. It makes firebrand look like he's in a 32x32 latex suit texture :O

Oh and he has too sexy of a crotch :O i'm not sure if I should post it later. Then again in SvC Chaos he has a provocative crotch too O_O

EDIT: Here's the broken skin. I doubt this would harm for the good of us but it makes meh agaravatted!!!!!!!1

CheapAlert
31st Mar 2004, 04:09 PM
Ah well here goes nothing then. I'm viewing a bot here.

http://www.planetquake.com/gargoyle/fbut.jpg

Also I fixed the whole skin bug. Mad props goes to SabbathCat for tipping me an idea how to fix it :D (take skin code from bot class)

One more thing, Valias is gonna port him to UT2k4! w00t gargoyle doing vehicle manslaughter = priceless.