New 2k4 video

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

EvilDrWong

Every line of code elevates you
Jun 16, 2001
Inside the machine
Visit site
http://ina-community.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=345908
Im downloading it now, so i cant tell you guys if it sucks... but its supposed to be good :) Its about 112 megs zipped, probably needs divx. Anyone else seen it?

edit: its a bit more than 19 minutes of shakey cam. Guess it was taken from the most recent lan event or something. The first 4 and a half minutes are DM then the rest is ONS.

Last edited:

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
er well I don't know exaclty. Navi was in IRC on pgp last night looking for someone to host his vid. Hence I must assume this is it.

Oh duh, navi is in the filename. I'm stupid.

Last edited:

becoming i

Registered abUser
Aug 15, 2003
Visit site
:eek:
Video is pretty damn sweet. I hadn't seen it before. It was a little over 19 minutes long, and showed a DM game and then an Onslaught game.

I am excited!! :D

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Yeah, it's his.

It's nice to get a look at a different DM map. ONS still looks fun as hell. The only downside to the video is the visible refreshing of the monitor.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
is it just me or does the shock combo look a lot bigger?

I don't know what they're going on about with the weapon switch. Those guys were switching like madmen. The onlything you don't see is lg shock lg shock.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
interesting...I hope that does away with rocket lg to the knee rocket to the face

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Just watch the vids closely and watch at their switching. Havoc switches weapons frequently but he never does the 1 shot switch 1 shot. He does shoot flak then switch to the shock and shoots a combo then goes to LG etc. It just doesn't increase his fire rate. So if you look at the way you play, think about when you switch. There's switching that you do just to shoot a rocket an lg a rocket blah blah, that's not possible, but the rest of the stuff is from what I can tell.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
I think I'm not the only one when I say "God damn it I'm tired of watching the game, I want to PLAY it already. GIEV US TEH DEMO OMFG" ;)

First and last time I'll ever be saying that. :p

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
Looking good...

OK, checked the vid out, and it's somne very cool stuff (apart from the screen flicker)! I can see TWD's point about the shock combo, it looks like it's been much improved from UT2003, faster shock ball and the combo does look slightly bigger than UT2003's, although it may have just been the altered graphics.

DM-Rankin looks like a great DM map, very clean and low on static meshes, with a good scale too. Reminds me of a UT map, and looks to be far better than the general standard of maps in UT2003.

As for ONS-Torlan, well, it's been the most over-exposed UT2004 map so far, so there's not much else to add really. Good footage of the AVRiL in action, including it's guide feature.

Can't wait :)

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
Definitely looking fun, the combo does look increased in size, perception of the flak #2 seems to show that it looks like it's got some mass now, and glows when fired again :tup:.

ONS is looking fun, and full of potential :)

Karma's looking good, with much more gibbage than before too \o/ and it's all looking as polished as a politician's excuse.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
I dunno, as much as I like a good gibbing every now and then I hope they don't gib all the time, or every time you use the rocket launcher etc. and that there's a way to turn them off. I like the ragdoll physics the way they are and want to be able to see that instead of a shower of blood all the time. If they're just going to gib all the time, why use Karma?

Unless it'll be like UT in which they can ragdoll and then you can gib the body, which would be okay.

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
I hope they've fixed the problem where if too many ragdolls occur they simply destroy and go flying down through the floor - that just looks stupid, and happens nearly all the time with the weapons I tend to play with.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
I watched it this morning and I was pretty pleased with how the shock appeared to work ie: faster star and able to combo at closer range.

I've gotten pretty frustrated with the 2k3 shock combo, it seems just agonizingly slow. It's just so difficult to setup a combo on someone that's even halfway dodging around.

I hope it's going to be more useful in 2k4.

And whoever that was playing, I noticed he was trying wall dodging but the trajectory was flatter.

I was playing FragBU on Friday night and all the [Ci] players (Scum, Spine and Necro) in Bollwerk were Flagrunning and boosting off the pillars by the flak to the other side. It was kinda cool to watch but after the game I was thinking that it changes the map dynamics in a way that the map maker didn't intend.

I tried doing that particular boost and I kept falling in the Lava, so since I can't do it anyone that does is a Cheater. :eek: