PDA

View Full Version : Jailbreak III Tournament, use Impac hammer to leave Jail ...

Croatia
28th Jan 2004, 03:33 PM
What about go out from Jail ( JB MAfia +++ others ) with using the impact hammer, or shoot on some levels own members out from Jail ?

For me i dont like the point that it is possible, but if other Team do it, they go much more points to win !

So I dont understand why it is possible, because if all do it the game never end !

On some levels u can shoot your members out if the fake death .

If u and others say its ok because for that is ist JAilbreak called ( leave the jail , how is not importend ) than ok.

But than win the team who is better in Jailbreak and not in the fight and tactic, and i dono if that is good for JB.

I know that some secrets are damm hard to use, so is that than ok because its hard to use or for what are that secrets making ? Allways the team who know it and can use it got much more chance fore win.

I dont start a trouble posting i only wants to know what the Organisation and other players think and if is it with the " rulez " ok !

This is a fun tourney and no money or nothing other and for me i want win or loose a game because my team is better in fighting and tactic and not in " JAilbreak" .

One same posting i have ages before on Dj ( that is on some MAps possible kill player out from Jail ) for me the same crasy .

maybe NIN is allways right ( he say me much time chill out CRO ) :-) !

Boost
28th Jan 2004, 04:42 PM
There once was a poll about this subject "is escaping from jail a cheat". Most of the people that voted said that it is part of jailbreak. :)

That poll isn't in the threads anymore, so I can't show it to you. :( Escaping is just part of jailbreak. That is my opinion. :D

CoolDude
28th Jan 2004, 05:21 PM
Escape routes are part of the JailBreak game.
Some escapes are easy, most are almost impossible, some escapes are in between.

Two 'escapes' are so easy that you really can't call them escapes:
The lift button in JB-Corret more of an extra release button (which also must be defended like one).
The 'feign death/impact' escape of JB-Complex to me looks more like a bug instead of an escape.

In all other maps (with an escape) somebody might escape sometimes, however if it's not that common. I've never seen anybody escape in JB-Mafia (and I have played a lot of JailBreak games in my life so far). It's not like we practise to escape.

About JB-Corret, it's not part of the Tournament maps.

Bottom line: Appart from JB-Complex, these incidental escapes will hardly be of any influence on the final result of a tournament match. For Complex I think it's wise to agree with your opponents wether to use or not to use the 'escape/bug' before you start of the map.

About shooting from jail (Complex again, JB-Singed), if you're lucky you will kill somebody sometimes. Again these incidental kills will hardly be on any influence on the final result of the Tournament match.

:cool:

TheSpoonDog
28th Jan 2004, 08:34 PM
About shooting from jail (Complex again, JB-Singed), if you're lucky you will kill somebody sometimes. Again these incidental kills will hardly be on any influence on the final result of the Tournament match.
Actually, I made it like that on purpose so it is actually dangerous to be in view of the prisoners with their enforcers :)

And yea, the feign death / impact thing is a bug...

Sexmachine
28th Jan 2004, 11:11 PM
Shooting from jail (e.g. JB-Singed) and using an escape route (e.g. JB-Mafia) is part of Jailbreak and it's up to your team to defend the escape route exit aswell (if possible). But using the impact hammer to escape in JB-Complex is considered a CHEAT so please don't do that!

Trueblood
29th Jan 2004, 03:22 AM
Escaping from Mafia jail is quite simple really :rolleyes: I`ve ejected about 5 people out of there. (not at once ofcourse :lol: )
I like the shooting out of jail, it feels like i can still defend when im in jail, head shots with enforcers are surprisingly strong, i found it helpful in JB-Doom
As for the complex thing, it gives you a great excuse to blast people in jail \o/ ....... that reminds me, someone got really pissed of in Coret once because i was wating at the alt escape lift (at the top with sniper.....call it camping if you like, i dont care :-) ) The last person managed to flip the switch and died trying, as the lift came up, the unsuspecting person lost his head :clap:

Croatia
29th Jan 2004, 05:09 AM
Shooting from jail (e.g. JB-Singed) and using an escape route (e.g. JB-Mafia) is part of Jailbreak and it's up to your team to defend the escape route exit aswell (if possible). But using the impact hammer to escape in JB-Complex is considered a CHEAT so please don't do that!

Thats all I want to know !

So from now I use the escapes and ( if me in Jail ) try kill active ( outside jail ) players !

And i try to defend the escapes, so me sure that someone will call me camper 2, but that will dont care me 2 .

That is part of JB, i dont like it but that the chances to win be on both sides same i must use it .

I was one day very pissed because i dont know the escapes in Coret and i see " my " Team use it and i though that is a Bug or " cheat " and me start little trouble about using it !

So sorry than for that because i now know that is alowed and from the JB- Makers, not a bug !

@Trueblood

If you mean me, you can post my name, i have no probs with it because it dont care me 2 :lol: !

see ya in Jail :D

CoolDude
29th Jan 2004, 05:54 AM
Escaping from Mafia jail is quite simple really :rolleyes: I`ve ejected about 5 people out of there. (not at once ofcourse :lol: ) 5 people in all the Mafia's you played? I wouldn't call it simple then.
Simple would be if 5 or more players escape every game.
(p.s. next time launch me please ;) )

Trueblood
29th Jan 2004, 09:54 AM
5 people in all the Mafia's you played? I wouldn't call it simple then.
Simple would be if 5 or more players escape every game.
(p.s. next time launch me please ;) )
It is simple, no one seems to know about it or dont listen to me shouting. All you gotta do is jump on my head, and get ready to jump off when at the hole when i launch you up :D
And Croatia, it wasnt you i was talking about, it was a random idiot i played...kept calling me "truebot" :mad:

Angie
29th Jan 2004, 10:01 AM
:hammer: It is simple, no one seems to know about it or dont listen to me shouting. All you gotta do is jump on my head, and get ready to jump off when at the hole when i launch you up :D
I will try and jump on you head next time, Trueblood. IŽve never reached the hole before but I hope youŽll gonna make me fly so high! :)
:hammer:

Bathory
29th Jan 2004, 02:46 PM
My son of 7 can escape jail in Mafia on his own with the impact hammer :D

Angie
29th Jan 2004, 03:26 PM
My son of 7 can escape jail in Mafia on his own with the impact hammer :D
Maybe I should jump on the head of your son? ;)

Snowdog
29th Jan 2004, 04:53 PM
My son of 7 can escape jail in Mafia on his own with the impact hammer
Heh o_O and in Ragnar

Aren't the physics in multiplayer games different from single player games by the way ?

CoolDude
29th Jan 2004, 05:21 PM
My son of 7 can escape jail in Mafia on his own with the impact hammer :DHave never seen you do it though ;)

TheSpoonDog
29th Jan 2004, 07:34 PM
Hehe, I've escaped from Mafia 3 or 4 times by myself with the impact hammer and 450 ping or so :D

Bathory
30th Jan 2004, 02:48 AM
It wasn't a single player game Snowie..... :lol: and Ragnar yes ;) did you try that one again ?
Jaja CoolDude, you know I'm a jailbird not an escapingbird ;) I usually don't like the escaping routes, I always die :(

Symbolikal
10th Aug 2004, 10:07 AM
Everything is made a hell of a lot easier by downloading chaos UT and using the GRAPPLING HOOK. I wonder if it is cheating. No maps make JB escapes that stop usage of hooks so I just use one when I play against bots

Mychaeel
10th Aug 2004, 12:10 PM
What I really like is that you can so easily combine Jailbreak and Chaos UT. They're both really complementing each other. I wonder whether we could cooperate to enter MSU Phase 4 in the "FPS Mod" category... ;)

Symbolikal
11th Aug 2004, 02:09 AM
i am not a coder, but I know a few of da chaotic dreams team. i know loQtus, Masschaos and JB ( that's right, JB). Try masschaos, he should be able to help, he was a coder for chaos Ut, I think and a combo ( which would be called CUT Jailbreak)
would not allow the grappling hook so no ultra easy escapes. What about multiteam Jailbreak, with 4 teams red blue green and gold, 4 bases and a random release and you get a point for 1 capture of a team, when 2 teams have been capped, respawn all players and a release for a team, would be in another team's base (I.E red release in gold base)

Trueblood
11th Aug 2004, 03:29 AM
Even if they will make something that would stop your grapple hook, some one else will make a different kind of mod, maybe with the same idea (i dunno magic rope or something)
Plus a low grav mutator would make the escapes easy too ;)

Symbolikal
11th Aug 2004, 03:53 AM
this hook ain't a hack, I ain't a lamp l4m3r, this is a chaos UT utility, it can be toggled but prefer the easy escapes and Ut was packaged with a low grav mutator. double jump and matrix moves wall walking make it easier as well.