FOREIGN VOICE PACK THREAD: Current actors please read.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
Ok To keep things simple the next voicepacks discussion will be dealth with here. So far we have one assured actor who will do us Damascus Arabic. We are still in need of 5-7 actors for the following positions:

2 Russian speaking actors (preferably one male and one female or two male.)

2 Italian speaking actors

1 British accented actor, and 1 Scottish accented actor.

And Oriental language actors

The voice pack will also include a new american drill instructor voice (not a joke, just the voice is very deep.) Thanks to Ghost.

Special request to anyone who knows a Hebrew/Yiddish speaking person who would be willing to do an Isreali voice.

Edit: Thanks Sal ;)

EDit 2: Ok here are the zipped packs ready for customization by jayhova, note I will be posting them in the next posts I made in the thread if they dont fit here:

Attachments

• English 3.zip
    485.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Saladin

Fez Toting Warrior!
Jul 25, 2002
Atlanta, GA, USA
home.attbi.com
Damascus

{GD}NTKB said:
Ok To keep things simple the next voicepacks discussion will be dealth with here. So far we have one assured actor who will do us Demascus Arabic. We are still in need of 5-7 actors for the following positions:

2 Russian speaking actors (preferably one male and one female or two male.)

2 Italian speaking actors

1 British accented actor, and 1 Scottish accented actor.

And Oriental language actors

The voice pack will also include a new american drill instructor voice (not a joke, just the voice is very deep.) Thanks to Ghost.

Special request to anyone who knows a Hebrew/Yiddish speaking person who would be willing to do an Isreali voice.

Bushwack

Avenged Sevenfold...
Jul 21, 2003
Ohio, NE
Visit site
Ill volunteer my raspy voice for an American, just PM me what you need from me and how to record it etc. Hell ill get on the phone if i cant do it and call NT and he can record it, LOL
I think some more hardened voices would be nice.

Hannibal301

Dec 10, 2003
hey, I found a guy who is willing to record in russian for us. Tell me if you need him, and what we need to lay down.

Hannibal

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
{GD}NTKB said:
Any of them marked with emotion should be recorded as such. For instance: Man down would be said as if you just saw your close friend get blown away in front of you.
But don't exagerate. If I'd see that happen I probably wouldn't think about saying 'man down' but yell his name in pain a couple of times. :p

Last edited:

Hannibal301

Dec 10, 2003
Ok, I think I'll probably get that stuff recorded today; will post as soon as we're done.

NT, what did you think of the test file I sent you yesterday?

jayhova

Don't hate me because I'm pretty
Feb 19, 2002
Houston Texas
www.flex.net
The Easiest way to avoid mic pop is to not talk directly into the mic. You can even turn the mic 90 degrees (this is how the head mounted mics are mounted) Or you can speak into the mic 6" away with the mic pointed at your nose. It works trust me on this.

Hannibal301

Dec 10, 2003
ok, well we recorded tonight and I don't think we got much blowing noise.

Tell me what you think!

(this is a compressed folder in .zip format)

Attachments

• russianvoicepack.zip
    446.4 KB · Views: 31

Hannibal301

Dec 10, 2003
ok, here are the two new hostile down sounds...

I'm too embarrassed to record my own voice, but I'll record a female russian pack tomorrow sometime, if that's ok. Get back to me on whether a female pack is usable.

Attachments

• russianvoicepackaddition.zip
    31.4 KB · Views: 23

Hannibal301

Dec 10, 2003
Actually, the voice actor I already found is pretty excited about recording this, so I guess you'll be getting a female russian pack. We should be recording and posting tonight.

Does Jayhova know that we need him to edit these files?

jayhova

Don't hate me because I'm pretty
Feb 19, 2002
Houston Texas
www.flex.net
{GD}NTKB said:
Yes, he does. Ill PM him anyway just in case. ;)

We will still have the female, no problem. its still realistic given the soviet union had plenty of female soldiers. But I really wanted 2 russian voices. Perhaps you can ask her if she has any family or friends willing to help? It would only take 5 minutes of there time... :)

BTW Jayhova here is one more English voice I would like added to the next voice pack. Its a drill instructor voice, thanks to Ghost.

Roger I have the files I just need to find some time. I'm Going to a M$ TS2 tomorrow. Can you say free software?

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
PACK 8 WILL BE 3 PARTS. Sorry cannot rerecord the arabic we need it like this:

Attachments

• Arabic.zip
    301 KB · Views: 12
Last edited: