Heads up: Vietcong Fist Alpha addon out "soon"

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
The original had "almost" iron sights which totally took my spirit out of the game..
I couldnt , and still cant , understand why they made the IS that way?!

Other than that and the crappy engine that would perform bad -but looked good- the game was ok.

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
Pterodon were after anyone who owned a Stoner 63A on the forums. Did they include one in F:A?

Did they put the M14 we were all ranting about wanting in also?

edit
Is it just me, or does anyone who puts up a website that comes up if I search for "Fist Alpha Review" that says "Links to reviews of Fist Alpha: None Found" and is covered in ad banners deserve to die a terrible lingering death?

Last edited:

Spier

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Scoped and un-scoped M14, which is kinda rad if I may say so. No Stoner 63a spotted, although I'm guessing they wanted it as a counter-part to the useless DPM they added in Fist Alpha. In other news: A nice Scorpion and Sten gun, the latter being slightly on the overkill side of things. They've also added an "SVT-40", which is really an AVT-40 with a 20 round mag, kinda silly, but I guess they needed something to level the playing field. That's it in the weapons department. Wait, they changed the M1 Carbine a bit also; new sound, skin and rate of fire.

Nice game, will probably buy this one.

One more thing: if you had problems running the last one, then you might want to consider skipping this one. I saw single digit FPS' at one point. Not cool.

Last edited:

DamienW

I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir
Feb 4, 2001
Bayonne, France
So far, i like it. It retains the "bad" iron sights, but at least, you get vietnam-era weaponry from the start (Vietcong had you use WW2-era weaponry for a long time), your character no longer looks like a mutant, and the missions seem much more dedicated to what this game does best : furious firefights in the jungle. The cinematic feeling to the missions stays as good as in the original game, with the finely crafted briefings, frequent radio updates (Defort is the man) and so on.

I'll buy it.

Zeep : my guess is : less screen hindrance the way they did it. The front sight on a rifle is often a thin thing, while the rear sight is often big and can't be modeled very well in a game (in real life, you kinda see "through" the rear sight.... See inf's FAMAS). I would have liked perfectly accurate sights too, but i can live with that and i understand the design decision behind.

Last edited: