[Game idea]Dream I had night before last.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
I had this dream night before last that I thought could make for an interesting game, bear with me, the details are spotty, but I think I remember enough of it :)

Setting: Some sort of tropical-ish island, lush greenery with several canyons here and there, HUGE environment.

Characters: Two (or more) clans, several hundred/thousand people per clan.

Story: Each clan has a jet-pack-mech thingie that they use to get around the island/planet, along with a few pieces of advanced weaponry (Think the Wraith tanks from Halo, stuff like that), but other wise it's very primitive; bows, trebuchets, swords, etc. Apparently there is more of this advanced tech stuff out there somewhere, so of course whoever claims it first will dominate the area. War ensues over this missing tech stuff. The leader of one clan, Malakai, was exiled from the opposing clan, which was originally the only one. No reason for this was given in the dream, I could think of one later though. A few of his fellow clansmen left with him in hopes of finding the tech stuff... again, not sure why, I'll fill in the details when I can figure 'em out, heh.

Gameplay: I think it'd be like Savage, a FPS/RTS/RPG(?) hybrid, I played as Malakai in the FPS prespective at first, but in order to advance in some areas, I had to "invent" perks and whatnot. Example: One level required me to scale a wall, so I had the research people develop a grappling hook, which proved most useful. However, in some areas abit more traction was required, so sticky boots were created, which made walking up walls easier. With the sticky-boots, I could use weapons while scaling walls. Upon completion of the level, I signaled for the jet-pack-mech thingie to come in and pick me up. However, the opposing clan opened fire upon me, causing severe damage to the mech and forcing a crash landing. I had about twenty clansmen with me at the time, and very limited weapons. This is where the dream got weird, apparently the other clan was laughing at my clan for the video of us testing the first grappling hook someone uploaded, so of course we must BURNINATE THE CLAN!!! I quickly assembled a research tent as well as a resource depot, and developed flaming arrows and greek-fire launching trebuchet thingies. <MUCH BURNINATION HERE. HOLY SHIT IT'S LIKE DRESDEN ALL OVER AGAIN.> Upon laying seige to this clan-HQ thingie, I promptly killed the guy in charge, which got me more respect from the folks who exiled me in the first place.

Thats when I woke up... I'll play with this in my head today, sounds neat.

Last edited: