Classic Sci-fi SP Mod

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

planetphillip

www.planetphillip.com
Oct 1, 2003
www.planetphillip.com
New Half-Life/Unreal Tournament 2004 Mod – Looking for members.

I have this idea for a mod and would like to hear from interested parties.
The first point to make is that it would be Single Player only. I believe the theme of this pack is much better suited to SP due to its Story driven play and the need to pay attention to your surroundings.

The choice of engine is still open for discussion. I currently have no preference.

The theme itself is best described as a combination of all the early classic Sci-fi, for example Metropolis, Flash Gordon etc.
There a lot of mods that create very futuristic models and architecture but really they all look the same. I think something that is visually stunning, not just detailed, could attract attention.
AT this point the story needs a lot of input but I have a framework that I would like to discuss with potential members. I have a few features that could be interesting to implement but that will depend on a number of factors.

The last point to make is that it might be fun if all the members were over 35, everything seems to be made by 19year olds in their bedroom (no offence intended) but perhaps it’s time us old timers showed the world what we can do.

I am primarily interested to hear from artists and story enthusiasts to formalise the concept and start a storyboard.

EDIT/
I'm not saying that everybody under 35 is excluded it was just that if you are over 35 you may have an emotional attachment to the subject. I grew up watching and reading this type of stuff so there is connection with my childhood.

It was only an idea.

A few images giving you an idea of the theme can be found here:
www.planetphillip.com/0028.shtml

Anyway I have started a forum for it. The first member is only 16.

www.planetphillip.com/forum/

Last edited: