Awesome (and funny) Desert Combat movie!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
Holy crow, anyone who plays the Battlefield 1942 mod Desert Combat should check out this user-made movie. And if you don't play Desert Combat (yeah, I know, it's not hyper-realistic by any means), this just might convince you to gie it a shot.

It's in German, though you can still get the gist of it for the most part, and I understand it's apparently quite old (from DC 0.3), but I'd never seen it before and it's just about the sweetest homebrew movie I've ever seen.

-Keiichi

DamienW

I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir
Feb 4, 2001
Bayonne, France
The first part was..... meh (by my book, that is). Yeah, ok, we got it, Desert Combat destruction with loud teenage music in the background. Been there, seen that.

The second part, on the other hand, was fricking hilarious. I got most of what was said, most importantly "Der problem .... Das community" (quoting from memory, sorry german people) :lol:

Maetschikk

aka Schlomo
Nov 5, 2002
Germany
Visit site
From the Fileplanet Page:
Author: Mr. White

Mr. White? That guy made the best Quake III movies ever.

If you can understand a little german, take a look at the last 4 movies on this page. Quake III Movies with story :D - really funny and worth the download.

Check out his web page: www.planetloewe.de

Btw. here a fast, non-Fileplanet Download link:

Click!

Last edited:

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
If anyone is interested in a translation of the into:

Since thousands of years
Earth is a battlefield
Wars are fought
By mighty countrys
That are controlled by generals
Captains and great warriors
Heroes are born
Companys are smashed
Land is devastated
But that's completely unrelated to the following movie.
:D