How do u install MODs for Mac??

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Triton

Jan 20, 2004
ummmm how do i install MODs too my mac INF? i have a pentium 4 duel processor Mac OS 9 and i need some help on installing "Silent Capture" and "MICroBulk" can anyone help me here??? ;) ;) ;)

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
Just put all the ".u" and ".int" files in the Unrealtournament/System directory. When creating a mission, go to mutators and they should show up.

Sometimes it is a bad idea to install mutators if they are constantly being updated. Sometimes the new version has the same name, so you will get a mismatch when connecting to a server online.

slobeck

Sep 12, 2004
I for one would love to know just how you ported Mac OS 9 to the pentium. As we all know there IS a working OSX port called "Marklar." I have friends who work at Apple who have never seen it. Forgive me if im a little incredulous about you Pentium/ Mac OS9 claim.

Jun 23, 2004
www.jumpinjuggernuts.com
If you mean .UMOD you have to download santaduck app package and it will expand the .umod file into a .zip file then you can use DropInstall which is in the in the same SD app package to install the .zip files into the correct directories. Sometimes it wont install some of the .ucl files into the system because servers wont let you play online with weird .ucl or .upl(ithink) in the system directory. But if it doesn't work the way you wanted to, you could always manually install the .upl file by right clicking Unreal and selecting show packages and place it in the system folder. The reason I like using the Dropinstall app instead of manually installing is because it records a log in a dependeny folder in the library/appiclationsupport/Unreal... folder which allows you to uninstall it very easily instead of trying to remember which files you stuck in the folders which would be a very time consuming task.

slobeck

Sep 12, 2004
There are no dual pentium 4 macs. The closest thing may be a 2xpentium running Darwin. (the mac open-source UNIX kernal) but a kernal only accessable by the command line does not make it a mac. As for os 9.. only the most idiotic would even bother with it on a mac, let alone a PC.

Oh and Unix with an X11 imitation of the aqua interface, doesn't count.

Back on topic, I would still like to know how MAC PEOPLE install TCM's for UT2k4. As of today, only FragOps and Red Orchestra have Mac installers, and launchers.

It would be nice if there were some decent articles on it. Please PC people, save your advise for other PC people.

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
SANTA DUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus, do I have to say it again?

http://www.santaduck.com/

This is how mac users install umods, you big silly....or, you can manually unzip them into the UT2K4.app file. You right click on the .app, click "Show Package Contents" and bam!!!

Of course...not sure how you'd launch them without a launcher script...

But that's how you install them. :D

Now...ask me again....do it.... :mad:

slobeck

Sep 12, 2004
Santaduck's tools are all good. I got that part. And while Santaduck's tools do a fine job of dropping files where they belong, actually PLAYING these mods is another story. The users mods section of ut2k4 on Mac doesn't work AT ALL. I guess you weren't able to inferr that when I asked about installing mods I also was asking about actually launcing the mods as well. Again if you aren't on a mac, sit this discussion out. I could care less how it's done on a PC.

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
Hey, genius...guess what...

I'M ON A ****ING MAC.......

I could care less about people that ignore advice and act like fegs* when they get some.

I would still like to know how MAC PEOPLE install TCM's for UT2k4.

To use a common saying around here...

"Duurrrrrrrrrrr Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

Now, I'll copy your post...and replace everything stupid you say with that above phrase, or colorful commentray.

Santaduck's tools are too complex for me. Duuuurrrrrrrrrr. And while Santaduck's tools do a fine job of blah blah blah, some bull**** that we know mixed with some sarcasm. The users mods section of ut2k4 on Mac doesn't work AT ALL (seriously!?). I guess you answered my question already, twice, but I wasn't able to inferr that when I asked about installing mods the second time. I also was asking about actually launcing the mods as well (even though I didn't ask that at all, in any of my posts, and even though you did mention that 'launching' is a completely different story in your pwn post). Again if you are on a mac, sit this discussion out too. I could care less about reading your helpful suggestions either way. Durrrrrrrrrrrrrr Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I'm the reason PC users hate mac users. Durrrrrrr. OMG!? How do you 'right click'!? OMG! LOL!

To be fair, you did mention launchers. But your question was about installing.

Most mods have launcher application scripts. If a mod you're playing doesn't have one, make it yourself. Or write an email to the dev team, telling them they're lazy.

Actually, maybe just email them and ask nicely for a mac launcher instead.

Or, simply modify a launcher app for a mod that has one out already (easier than creating one from scratch..I think).

Just to clear things up...since you're not so bright.

I am a mac user.

And yes. That was a flame post.

*I know

Last edited: