Funky Camos

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

O_DoGG

Le Boner
Nov 17, 2002
France
www.clanvega.com
Here is a strange and (to some extent) nice problem about camos.

Here's the story: after upgrading my system, I thought I would give a try to running Inf in D3D, used as I was to OpenGL. As I expected, it didnt look so nice than OpenGL, but I liked very much the responsiveness of the display to the mouse's movements (OpenGL is much more "spineless" in that matter). Then I fired an offline match, and here's what I saw:

camoclodo.jpg
camosblancetnoir.jpg
camoclodo2.jpg
camosbleublanc.jpg
camosvertetmarron.jpg
camoindien.jpg
camosgrisbeige.jpg

All these pictures have been taken in the same round, in 2 mn. These funky colours only appear at a certain distance; when you stand next to them, camos look normal. I tried every setting in the ini, nothing would change. This only happens in D3D mode, and I would like to fix it (and not by returning to OpenGL mode ;) ) I suspected that this has to do with mipmapping (IIRC, camos dont use mipmaps), but this hasn't driven me anywhere.
The nice touch of this problem is that I never see the same colours twice :lol:

Just in case, here are my specs :
Athlon xp 1700
MSI KT3 mainboard
1 Go DDR
Radeon 9700 pro
Win XP pro

Any opinions or aesthetic comments?

Saladin

Fez Toting Warrior!
Jul 25, 2002
Atlanta, GA, USA
home.attbi.com
whoa thats tight lookin.

lol i know online if the server doesnt have th serverpackages right...you get messups, also if the skin doesnt compile right, you get messups offline and online...but that messup is always....maybe you need a coder to look at it...

O_DoGG

Le Boner
Nov 17, 2002
France
www.clanvega.com
Thanks Fenris, you were right. I was reluctant about not forcing antialiasing, as the "stairs" or "scale" effect (dont know how its called ;) ) is very visible in D3D, whereas in OpenGL it is unnoticeable. Now I'm looking for another way to force Infiltration to use 6x antialiasing, I hope this is possible, maybe by adding a simple line to the Infiltration.ini in the D3D render section...