Xbox version has XMP too.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Saw an ad in Offical Xbox Magazine for Unreal 2, and it showed a few XMP screen shots, with the Xbox live logo on the ad. So that means XMP support for the Xbox too! It isnt going to be as good as the PC version of course, but I wouldnt mind picking up the Xbox version of Unreal 2 for XMP on there. Atleast you'll be able to play with a nice frame rate and good graphics. :D

MrMaddog

Flak Monkey
Jul 13, 2002
Parts Unknown
I have a question about U2 for Xbox...

I know that not only it'll have XMP but also a co-op gametype (only on the same console, not for Live)...but I also heard stuff they're adding not only much better enemy AI that actually ducks but also extra weapons based on the ones from the previous Unreal games.

Please correct me if I'm mistaken, at least I won't feel bad for just having the PC version. :lol:

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
How was I suppose to know that Unreal 2 with XMP would support Xbox live, I mean internet is like the whole point of XMP, but that doesnt mean it will have live support. ;)

Besides, I have plenty of cookies thank you very much! ;)

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
starkly contrasted to the fact that the maps in PC xmp would suck with 10 players or less...they even need 16+ to be very fun.

tool, who said you would get a good framerate? Remember UC? :p

Peter Carlson

XMP Programmer
Sep 4, 2003
"but I also heard stuff they're adding not only much better enemy AI that actually ducks but also extra weapons based on the ones from the previous Unreal games."

None of that is changed, it's identical to the PC version as far as those things go. I have to say, though, that I think Unreal2 got totally screwed by people's perception of the AI. People started reporting that it sucked and then everyone assumed that was true. If you actually look at it, it's quite advanced (especially the enemy humans). They do all kinds of tricky stuff and no one ever gives us credit for that.

Bloodsplat

I'm still here?
Jan 21, 2004
To be blunt. U2 was a fair fps with fair AI. Still play it time to time now since I've got a rig for it. A hell of a lot more entertaining than fighting The Flood from Halo, which has imo the worse enemy AI for such a genre.

Bloodsplat

I'm still here?
Jan 21, 2004
I mean, Skaarj dodging CAR rounds and using bracers to bounce of rounds vs The Flood's mindless running up to player and smacking them or not even trying to avoid shotgun blasts. Hmmm

I'd rather go toe to toe with a Skaarj. I might as well pick up U2 for xbox but I hope some of the proceeds goes to legend's staff.

Ðork

Dork online, since '99
Jun 19, 2001
Switzerland
Peter Carlson said:
"but I also heard stuff they're adding not only much better enemy AI that actually ducks but also extra weapons based on the ones from the previous Unreal games."

None of that is changed, it's identical to the PC version as far as those things go. I have to say, though, that I think Unreal2 got totally screwed by people's perception of the AI. People started reporting that it sucked and then everyone assumed that was true. If you actually look at it, it's quite advanced (especially the enemy humans). They do all kinds of tricky stuff and no one ever gives us credit for that.
One of the problems for Unreal II was that it shipped with three difficulty levels which should have been called Hard, Very Easy and Even Easier. It was already quite difficult to die at the setting called Normal. However the Hard/Unreal setting was probably a bit tough for n00bs.
Because of this many above-average players used the Normal setting and the enemy never lived long enough for the AI to be seen.

SylverFyre

Spongebob Squarepants
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.byut.net
Peter Carlson said:

maybe its cuz too many people just play thru a game on the easy setting?

to be fair U2 replayability out of the box was pretty small - once you've completed it on easy theres little incentive to go again on hard

Personally I enjoyed U2 and played it all the way on medium - and XMP just rocks :2thumb:

CiD

I'm on Offense!
Dec 28, 2003
i loved the fighting in u2.the skaarj and mercs can be damned tough to beat on the unreal settings.especially when the skaarj use those blades to deflect your CAR rounds,intense.

Saito

Banned
Dec 30, 2003
meh

I thought the skarj and some of the mercs in some settings were pretty smart. The first time I fought a skarj and he blocked all my main fire, and then dodged the alti fire I was impressed. And the fact that in some points the human mercs worked as a team was nice to.

For me though the last couple missions IIRC were just mainly the drak and the whatever monsters (not every memorable) and both were just plain stupid IMHO. For me inclose fighting with the skarj was infinitely more tense than either the drak or the monster guys at the end. The drak and the monster felt more like shoot, find shoot, find shoot. Where as the skarj had several moments that were frantic, and I found myself saying out loud "plz connnect plz connect"

Status
Not open for further replies.