Will there be a Demo Patch or updated demo?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
I'm hoping there's a new one too... I've really enjoyed the demo, and I'm hoping to pick up the full version, however I don't want to run out this weekend and get the full version before the lan party on my school's campus because I doubt a whole lot of people will have Unreal II there any ways.

I think its a great thing and after reading the changelog I really hope to try the new version before I run out and snag the game (mostly for XMP). This is a very fresh idea and merges a lot of concepts I've seen around, and I think its a nice change from the more action oriented gametypes in UT2003.

I think it would be a nice gesture if the demo were updated in the coming days, much like Epic did with Unreal 2003's demo.

I hope there is some official reply on this.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Ok,

Glad to hear from someone official. Great job on what I've seen so far. Sorry to hear about your studio getting shut down. Return to Na Pali was cool too... well except for the acid-spitting spiders... I'm not a major fan of spiders.

Just out of curiousity... Does the full version of XMP run better than the demo version (especially after this patch)? It seems to run a lil choppy on my system (1.4 ghz Athlon T-Bird, 768 mb PC 133 SDRAM, Radeon 9600XT, Windows 2000, DX9). Also, I saw something in the changelog about skin detail accidentally being controlled by the World Detail setting in the previous version, is this the case in the demo too? I thought I noticed something like that when playing & tweaking this afternoon.

Thanks again for the reply. I hope you guys and the fans/modders continue to keep this going as long as possible. Breath of fresh air for sure!

Pawnbroker

ºØmníºChiron
Jan 2, 2004
Just out of curiousity... Does the full version of XMP run better than the demo version

I'd say most probably. The patch had a huge impact on my framerate.
AthlonXP +3200, 512mb ddr, Radeon 9500 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.