PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Fanboys....

Yellow5
20th Jan 2004, 12:15 AM
Okay I am just about done with FFX and am looking for more stuff to play. I need opnions on the following games:

Xenosaga Episode I, Final Fantasy X-2, Dark Cloud 2, Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, and Ico.

I've never really been into these type of games in the past but sat down and am enjoying FFX so I figured there has to be more like this out there. :) Anything besides ther above listed games that I should check out?

phil
20th Jan 2004, 12:43 AM
I havnt played it but from what I can tell Disgaea: Hour of Darkness is one of the best tactical rpgs ever and I would pick it up before you can only get it on ebay for 60 dollars a pop. I know I would if I had a ps2.

novak
20th Jan 2004, 12:55 AM
If you enjoyed FFX then you're going to enjoy the sequel aswell. I'd go grab it if I were you.

WHY ARE YOU STILL SITTING THERE? GO! :D

Fuct
20th Jan 2004, 12:56 AM
Definitely get ICO. It's jaw droppingly gorgeous and fun to play.

KJAX
20th Jan 2004, 01:11 AM

If you can find it.. :)

*update*

Found it.. :D

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/181983.asp

GeneticFreak
20th Jan 2004, 09:54 AM
Y5, judging from your choice you would like these Jap RPGs
I recommend these "classics":

- Star Ocean 3 - Directors Cut version
- Wild Arms Alter Code F
- Suikoden 3 (also look ahead for Suikoden 4)

tool
20th Jan 2004, 10:16 AM
Ring of Red, turn based strategy game that is similar to Frontal Mission 3 for the playstation which was one of the best games ever for the Playstation. I'm the only one on Earth that has played Ring of Red. It is made by Konami too, so it is kinda surprising that no one knows this game exist but me.

DFB
20th Jan 2004, 10:22 AM

Buy buy buy!

Yellow5
20th Jan 2004, 12:28 PM
Yeah I've played the older Suikoden and Wild Arms games on the ps1 and enjoyed those. Also played Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete. I've just lost touch with the new stuff and have been looking for some goodies.

Twisted Metal
20th Jan 2004, 04:20 PM
I've never really been into these type of games in the past but sat down and am enjoying FFX

Me too man I used to bash all these turn based games and then I borrowed FFX from a friend, sat down with it, and got hooked! I'm currently 45 hours into it, just got to Mt. Gagazet last night. It's one of my favorite games now. :tup:

tool
20th Jan 2004, 05:01 PM
You've been taking your time, Mt. Gagazet at 45 hours? Although it honestly doesnt matter, just go at your own pace with FF, it is more fun when you spend lots and lots of time on it.

masamax
20th Jan 2004, 05:20 PM
The only game you need to play is Xenogears. Far better than Xenosaga.

Twisted Metal
20th Jan 2004, 05:22 PM
Umm... well I dunno if the timer counts while the game is paused because a few times I left the console on nearly all day while it was paused. Also, I probably left it on the sphere grid a few times too for a couple of hours while I was away so the timer was probably counting then.

But I don't see how it's possible to really take your time... the game is pretty much a straight foward path, not too much exploration is possible. I did spend a good 2-4 hours just running in circles to level my characters up more other than that though I've been moving right along. I do however squeeze every bit of conversation out of the characters at those times when they are standing around, but I'm sure a lot of people who played FFX did this.

And hey aren't you the one that said it takes 60 hours to beat?

tool
20th Jan 2004, 05:39 PM
yes it takes about 60 hours, you still got a very very long ways to go, you have diffently done something to make the time go up that high, like you said, leaving it on a few hours at the sphere grid most likely is the reason. You aren't at the point yet either where you'll have to be runnign around for a few hours getting levels and doing it over and over again. The game is about to get very frustrating.

and 60 hours of course is if you go straight through it, doing what you need to do to beat it, without taking long pauses and knowing what you are doing.

Twisted Metal
20th Jan 2004, 05:46 PM
I did it before the first Seymour battle because he was 0wning my party with his multi-magic attacks after you defeat his aeon. And hey maybe it won't be so frusterating now since I did in fact level up.

phatcat
20th Jan 2004, 05:48 PM
FFXI its coming soon, with a Hard drive.

tool
20th Jan 2004, 06:21 PM
Yeah but what level are your characters? After you get control of the airship and can go where you want you pretty much have to max out the sphere grid on all your characters if you want to be able to beat the end boss's at the end of the game.

Or if you have the European or Japanese versions you will want a good deal of the second sphere grid filled up and of course all of the first sphere grid filled.

KJAX
20th Jan 2004, 08:26 PM
The only game you need to play is Xenogears. Far better than Xenosaga.

I justed snagged Xenogears at a local game shop last month. EB doesn't carry it anymore but there is a Greatest Hits version of it in some places.

tool
20th Jan 2004, 08:32 PM
What was it that made Xenogears so controversial? I havent played the game yet myself, but I've heard that it made quite a few people angry because of its story line and content.

KJAX
20th Jan 2004, 11:02 PM
What was it that made Xenogears so controversial? I havent played the game yet myself, but I've heard that it made quite a few people angry because of its story line and content.

I know that it makes some sort of statement about religion. My nephew, who played it from beginning to end, said the game changed the way he thought about religion.

tool
20th Jan 2004, 11:04 PM
In a good or bad way? Not that I care, I still intend to play it, but I'm just curious.

hyrulian
21st Jan 2004, 12:54 AM
Nobody has contributed to the "Buy Hyrulian Hero a PlayStation® 2" fund yet.

Who wants to help out and become the first benefactor?

KJAX
21st Jan 2004, 02:10 AM
In a good or bad way? Not that I care, I still intend to play it, but I'm just curious.

I have no idea. I didn't care to ask. Asking, of course, likely would had ruined the story of the game for me since I haven't played it much.