PDA

View Full Version : Hi i need help on submitting stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!

manslauter
18th Jan 2004, 04:02 PM
i have made my very frist skin..it is for ut2003..after i was done here is what i did:
1. i created a compressed zip folder
2. i made a crappy readme and pasted it in the folder
3. i went to my ut2003 directory and found my upaint system and texture files
4. i pasted those in my folder..and changed their name
and i tried submitting it to skin city and ut2003files.com but it fails, and says file size is to big.. file size:8.51 MB

what did i do wrong? :(

SaD
19th Jan 2004, 09:11 AM
file size:8.51 MB

what did i do wrong? :(

I think thatīs a problem with your host .He doesnīt allow to send files in this size .I have no problem to get them .I can receive mails up to 50 MB (Not that I what that size *lol* . I have only ISDN and itīs a pain to get so big files :lol: ) .

I attach a program called Accusplit.You can split your .zipfile in two pieces and send them in two mails to me.
btw: Please donīt submit your UPAint-Files , we donīt accept them.Send an.upl , .utx and a read-me.

Edit : Itīs the Sharewareversion with a limitation (The Shareware Version of AccuSplit limits users to a maximum file segment size of 100MB, with a maximum of eight file segments allowed. This is enough to split an 800MB file into eight segments and store it onto two recordable CDs or eight 100MB Zip™ disks.). But thatīs good enough :D

manslauter
19th Jan 2004, 11:51 AM
thank u i will try to mail u the amazing, beatifull, magicaly wonderfull spawn tonight

manslauter
19th Jan 2004, 12:26 PM
well when i mail u my first part ( around 3 MB) it still says file zise to big.....why is that?

SaD
19th Jan 2004, 12:40 PM
well when i mail u my first part ( around 3 MB) it still says file zise to big.....why is that?

Do you use a "free" - Mailaccount , like hotmail ? They have some restrictions regarding filesizes IMO .If not , sorry I donīt know :( .

manslauter
19th Jan 2004, 07:24 PM
yup i use hotmail... do u think it will be possible if i could transfer it 2 u with msn ( i also have icq light ) would that be possible? i really, i mean really want my skin to be on the enternet..after all i did waiste 4 hours making them... :rolleyes:

CheapAlert
19th Jan 2004, 11:25 PM
What about using WinRAR to split up the files in smaller volumes? It doesn't expire....much.....or in fact, not at all. O_O

SaD
20th Jan 2004, 09:17 AM
You can split the files with Accusplit also to the size you want .
8 Files with 1 MB for example.

manslauter
20th Jan 2004, 11:03 AM
sure il do that then

manslauter
26th Jan 2004, 06:44 PM
Sad half my emails of the files, dont reach u..i get a email dilevry failed thing..wtf? i send u each file like 16 times and it gives me crap..

Rincewiend
27th Jan 2004, 06:38 AM
I think thatīs a problem with your host .He doesnīt allow to send files in this size .I have no problem to get them .I can receive mails up to 50 MB (Not that I what that size *lol* . I have only ISDN and itīs a pain to get so big files :lol: ) .

I attach a program called Accusplit.You can split your .zipfile in two pieces and send them in two mails to me.
btw: Please donīt submit your UPAint-Files , we donīt accept them.Send an.upl , .utx and a read-me.

Edit : Itīs the Sharewareversion with a limitation (The Shareware Version of AccuSplit limits users to a maximum file segment size of 100MB, with a maximum of eight file segments allowed. This is enough to split an 800MB file into eight segments and store it onto two recordable CDs or eight 100MB Zip™ disks.). But thatīs good enough :D

Maybe try this one?
Gsplit (http://www.gdgsoft.com/gsplit/index.asp)

manslauter
28th Jan 2004, 09:50 AM
thank u rincewind.. but im alredy using accusplit :)