Im gonna do it, signing up for the marines tomorrow.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
After thinking about it for months, actually since I was 18 so years, Ive decided to go tomorrow to a recruiter and sign up. I have also decided im going to be Infantry. Any last minute advice from any soldiers here? Would be greatly appreciated.

A few questions to current marines. What kind of sign up bonus should I insist on? What other benefits should I be aware of? I would like to be armed to the teeth with knowledge before going in. Thanks. I didnt really mean tomorrow anyway, but by the end of this week for sure!

Also any advice how to deal with my COs etc would be nice.

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
Best of luck NT.

I hope it turns out to be what you want.

Just buy Full Metal Jacket on DVD... I'm sure it'll tell you everything you need to know ;)

novak

Oct 22, 2003
Visit site
Why infantry?

Good luck whatever you decide to do and remember to stay safe. Oh and don't forget to keep us up to date. :)

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
Semper Fi, dipshit. I hope they beat you like Gomer Pyle. Remember to put the barrel in your mouth BEFORE you fire the weapon.

Last edited:

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
{GD}NTKB said:
Any last minute advice from any soldiers here?
Yeah, don't join the Marines.

Unless you like getting shot at in some dank jungle or searing hot desert.

Personally, I'd go Navy. See the world from the comfort of a nice, climate-controlled ship.

-Keiichi

Falke

May 28, 2001
Germany
Visit site
Infantry isn't funny as it sounds the weather is always 5hit to cold or to hot and always everything is wet or filled with sand.

Try to get in a tank it's a little safer and always dry (except you tried something really stupid with it).

//edit i hate word censoring

Last edited:

OpFor

Feeling suicide, thats O.K.
Apr 26, 2001
Visit site
NTKB in the US's more elite fighting force? From the guy that thought infantrymen were kinda stupid? Dear god, has he seen the light? :) Personally I'd go sapper. You may not get shot at as much, and you may have to carry around more stuff than infantry, but at the end of the day it's all about how much **** you get to blow up ;P

Try to get in a tank it's a little safer and always dry

I personally hate the idea of being cooped up in an ordinance magnet like that :S Theres a story of a Canadian soldier in WW2 sawing his own leg off with a knife because he was caught inside a burning tank...:S

Last edited:

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
I thought that last thread would have helped you, and it didn't seem to. I never understood why anybody would want to be infantry. It's the lowest of the low. But hey, some guys really go for that hardcore crap, and I guess that's you. I'd say good luck, but you won't need that where you are going. No amount of luck will help. Just hope that Uncle Sam uses lube before he does you repeatedly in the tailpipe:) My ass still hurts.
Now seriously, why did you join? If you can answer yes to these questions, you will like life as an infantryman. Are you in a dead end job to nowhere? Do you like bullets flying at/through you? Do you like being told what to do by some jackass that doesn't have a clue? Do you like the fact that some jackass has control of your life, and most likely will not value it? Do you dislike privacy and self respect?
Have fun, you just made some recruiters day.

Doc_EDo

LEFT
Jan 10, 2002
At 18 you are just too young to make that decision on your own because you dont understand the seriousness of the situation.

5eleven

I don't give a f**k, call the Chaplain
Mar 23, 2003
Ohio
Visit site
Do you like being told what to do by some jackass that doesn't have a clue? Do you like the fact that some jackass has control of your life, and most likely will not value it? Do you dislike privacy and self respect?
Jay, isn't that ANY job?

Jaunty, you are a peach. :D If antagonism was a country, you'd be the King. :lol:

Seriously NTKB, good luck to you. Make the best of it. Like I told you tonight, I can't wait til you get to Paris Island. I'll be thinking about you while I'm playing Inf and YOU aren't killing me. :lol:

Bushwack

Avenged Sevenfold...
Jul 21, 2003
Ohio, NE
Visit site
@ Doc Edo.... NT is older than 18, thats why hes making the decision NOW isntead of then.

Good luck, listen and learn, dont get scars from your head> being crammed in the <jar :D Volunteer for Sea Duty, broadens your horizons, and you see the world as well as the head when your vomiting from motion sickness LOL
Im partial to AmphibAssault, lots of potential fun there NT *wink*

Personally, i think you'll be a fine addition to the USMC.

5el, if they teach him anything in boot camp, it will be to IMPROVISE, ADAPT, and OVERCOME, hell still be fragging you from Paris Island :D

Last edited:

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
Im allready getting my anus enlarged to sneak my computer in... :D

Yes, I am not 18. I am 25. Ive thought about this 7 years now.

Jaunty, I hope we go to war with Australia. Ill sign up for front line duty in hope we attack your home town.

As for getting shot, highly doubt that will happen. You got a better ratio of getting hit by lightining.

As for the jackass telling me what to do? I hope I can be in some sort of leadership role, then I can be the first non-jackass telling ppl what to do. ;)

Any advice for sign up bonuses yet? I currently jog 2-3 miles a day and weight train. Will that be good enough or should I include more endurance training to prepare for boot camp?

What about steroid testing? I did some a year ago, and it stays in your system up to 1.5 years. Wondering if maybe I should wait another 6 months...

Anyway im looking forward to going wherever they need me. If it be Iraq so be it. Im ready mentally for what comes. Emotionally im not sure. I guess you can only know when you get there...

Thanks for all the support so far guys I really appreciate it. Truely. And 5-11 dont get too comfy buddy ill be back in 2 months to kick your ass in some more. ;)

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
I currently jog 2-3 miles a day and weight train
Jog atleast 10.

edit:
I don't know about the US marines, but the Dutch ones are real hard to get in. There are atleast 2 people on these boards that tried and failed ;)
If the US marines are as "1337" as ours, you shouldn't focus on doing your duty at all. But focus in getting in in the first place. I wasn't kidding about the jogging part, you'll need to run alot more.

After that, hope your body is in good shape (not just the muscles). And then comes the mental test... All in all it's hard. Go prepared.

Last edited: