PDA

View Full Version : basic modeling tutorials in 3D Studio Max

Forgetful
17th Jan 2004, 01:54 PM
I am looking for some solid basic modeling tutorials in 3D Studio Max. I don't care about texturing / skinning.

[SAS]Solid Snake
17th Jan 2004, 08:59 PM
There was thread just before asking for tuts in Max, try 3DLinks.com ... although you'll have to browse for a wee bit. Also Google is your friend.

Forgetful
18th Jan 2004, 03:58 AM
Google is becoming more and more useless by the day :( I was just hoping for a single site, but I guess there are none.

Radiosity
18th Jan 2004, 08:47 AM
www.3dbuzz.com

Search for the UT2003 training VTM's. And I'd agree that Google is pretty much useless now, but that's simply because of the sheer amount of useless and dead sites hanging around now. The internet needs shutting down and cleaning :rolleyes:

Forgetful
18th Jan 2004, 12:41 PM
I ran throught the first 2 set of lesson videos on 3dBuzz.com they are very Very good. I was just looking at getting into modeling something more complicated than a box or an apple ect. I was hoping to find some good tutorials on modeling an animal or a person, but I can't seem to find any. As I said before I don't care about texturing, because I am allready fairly adept at that.

Radiosity
18th Jan 2004, 02:05 PM
This is a pretty good tut for max:

http://www.geocities.com/doord/Tut_1.htm

And it's dealing specifically with midpoly modelling for games such as 2K3, so you should find it useful. And there's this one:

http://www.3dtotal.com/ffa/tutorials/max/joanofarc/joanmenu.asp

Modelling Joan of Arc. Very good tut that covers everything from first bases to UV mapping.

[SAS]Solid Snake
18th Jan 2004, 08:38 PM
Else, try buying some books. I've got some of Paul Steed's and some of other artists and they are very good as well. Else try 3DLinks.com.

Forgetful
18th Jan 2004, 11:00 PM
I have the book 3D Studio Max: In Depth by Rob Polevoi. It's really good book, but a really dry read, I'm about half way through it's 692 pages.