Saddam Caught on Photograph...covered up!?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
Apparently, last night. some photographs of saddam's capture were found, and placed on CNN's webpage. Netscape was running a feature, linking to that page. Here's the news article from then, with a cropped picture:

saddam.jpg

(I"m refering to this page here: http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/world.jsp )

Now, as then, when you clicked on it, nothing shows up. I'm no conspiracy theorist, and I"m definately one of the "Tinfoil hat" crowd, but I want to know why it *was* there, and now it's not. I can't find it on CNN.com's site at all...anywhere. No references to it, no links to it, just that picture I snapped last night before collapsing in my bed. So, before I go out and start setting up antenae to capture the government's mind control rays, has anyone else seen / archived them? Anywhere? :hmm: These were supposed to be all new, "unofficial" pictures, not just the ones that have been shown before.

Then, there's the implication that they were real, and they were covered up. I want to know. I'm not going to speculate further on why they were pulled down, but just the fact that they *were* there, and now they're not is not a good thing.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
That reminds me of that one time I heard in the news that Sadam had proof that some of the weapon inspectors were CIA operatives who did something different than inspecting weapons. The next day... nothing. No follow up, no claim that the information was wrong, no nothing. Sadly that happened years ago, long before I got acces to the internet. :rolleyes: :eek:

5eleven

I don't give a f**k, call the Chaplain
Mar 23, 2003
Ohio
Visit site
Keg, originally, that picture and others, showed up on military.com. They were photos taken by soldiers at the time of the event, and sent to military.com who posted them. The Defense Department requested that they take down the pics and they didn't. Only that one of several apparently got to the mainstream internet, publicized.

I have an account there, but for some reason, it won't take my username anymore. I didn't have time to figure it out, but that pic was on the front page about a week or so ago.

Military.com is not run by the Defense Department. I don't know if you are familiar with it or not. It has new military news for current military members, retirement info, and is a community of veterans and current military. You can even use it to look up people that you served with.

I'll see if I can dig up a link, it was also linked to the DrudgeReport about a week or so ago.

**EDIT** - Looks like Kee beat me to it while I was typing my message. :lol:

Last edited:

5eleven

Mar 23, 2003
Ohio
Visit site
Hadmar, Saddam had proof or made an allegation? With the media coverage before and during both Gulf Wars, foaming at the mouth to listen to the rhetoric and babble of people like Tariq Aziz in GWI and Baghdad Bob in GWII, I would think that the media would have loved to see and would have broadcasted proof of such activity.

I mean, the guy also fired scud missiles at Israel during the first Gulf War, and made a lot of allegations, so what do you believe and what don't you believe I guess.

I'm not so naive to think that the US didn't have operatives, especially under Richard Butler, but I find it hard to believe, given the wishy-washy crap and extreme criticism of Hans Blix, that he would have really allowed inspectors to do things other than "weapons inspection". Besides, I think most of these guys are known as weapons inspectors inside of that "community". It's probably not easy to find an application for such a job in a local paper. :lol:

P.S. Scott Ritter doesn't count, I think he's nuts. :D

Doc_EDo

LEFT
Jan 10, 2002
Hadmar said:
That reminds me of that one time I heard in the news that Sadam had proof that some of the weapon inspectors were CIA operatives who did something different than inspecting weapons. The next day... nothing. No follow up, no claim that the information was wrong, no nothing. Sadly that happened years ago, long before I got acces to the internet. :rolleyes: :eek:
That happens all the time. Nothing new, just like lying that they knew Saddam had WMD's wasnt anything new either. Actually I saw an interview on BBC with a fromer top UK gov official that said governments lie all the time, and he also mentioned an example when he did that (cant recall if it was thailand or falklands) when they arranged to plant evidence. So he was amazed (as I was) that CIA didnt plant WMD's after they invaded Iraq. Bush administration is so careless and incompetent that they cant even do that. :lol:

Last edited:

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
5eleven said:
Hadmar, Saddam had proof or made an allegation?
I think I shouldn't answer that. It was years ago and I could remember it wrong. Heck, could be that it wasn't even Saddam who had the proof (or whatever) but somone from the UN. :eek: I didn't mean to make Saddam/CIA/Spy vs Spy the topic of this thread, I just wanted to add that I had a similar "wtf?" moment. The pics just dissapered, wtf? A rather important news report ... and absolutely nothing follows, wtf?

5eleven

Mar 23, 2003
Ohio
Visit site
Had, I understand what you are saying...........maybe something more newsworthy for CNN came up, like "Dick Gephardt farts at Iowa Caucus", or "Wesley Clark, Democrat, or Republican Mole?" :lol:

I know that they were made available initially on Military.com. I dunno, mebbe they objected to CNN's use of their image or something.

There are soooo many WTF? moments in the news these days, you can't keep track. Hell, (not politically related) but I was looking the other day during the Green Bay Packers game, trying to figure out what happened to Mark Chmura...........after searching for awhile, I found out that he was acquitted and retired from the NFL. WTF? There were headlines splashed all over that he had raped this teenager, etc., then he's acquitted and I didn't see hardly any mention of it.

Nonetheless, I gotcha.

That happens all the time. Nothing new, just like lying that they knew Saddam had WMD's wasnt anything new either. Actually I saw an interview on BBC with a fromer top UK gov official that said governments lie all the time, and he also mentioned an example when he did that (cant recall if it was thailand or falklands) when they arranged to plant evidence. So he was amazed (as I was) that CIA didnt plant WMD's after they invaded Iraq. Bush administration is so careless and incompetent that they cant even do that.

How do you know that the "former top UK gov official" wasn't lying when he said that? :lol:

At this point, if WMD's are found in Iraq, the first thing that will be said is: "Well you said it was about regime change after you lied about it being about WMD's." Followed by "Oh, those WMD's were planted by the US, Hans Blix said they weren't there before".

Yeah, and we never went to the moon, chupacabras are running loose in Mexico, aliens make crop circles, and time travelers post in these forums. ;)

Doc_EDo

LEFT
Jan 10, 2002
Its just too late to even find one of Saddam's doubles not to talk about WMD's that USA sold in the first place. :p