Can you stop the change of "better weapons"

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
Go to the options menu-->weapons-->then uncheck the box that says "autoswitch"

falcon622

Feb 10, 2000
Visit site
Hey Im having problems with my weapon switch, too. The OPPOSITE. It won't change. I've been to the weapons menu and tried to change it, but it just changes it back automatically. I don't exactly want the impact hammor on top of the rest /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif

bullet2.gif

## THIS IS OFFICIALLY THE END OF MY MESSAGE! ##

Evil_Gal

2 time lucky
Dec 19, 1999
Room
Visit site
Well, if you noticed, in the pref>weapons category,

the list of weapons arent just there for eye candy or for you to read up info, if you play around with their position, their priority will change, so for eg, if you drag the enforcer all the way to the top, you'll never switch away if you holding an enforcer. Not even when u get the redeemer.

Hope this helps you out...

~Evil*GAL*~

Ratch

Jan 25, 2000
Holland
Visit site
I think the best way of weapon control is autoswitch off. When you have a mouse with a scroll button (like I do) you can switch weapons with that! It's fast and you always carry the weapon you want.

bullet2.gif

Ever noticed every flak grenade has a smile on top of it? :)

Taskmaster

Godlike - I like God
Nov 29, 1999
www.geocities.com
I've tried both ways - on and off - but in the heat of fighting, even with the mouse scroll wheel I end up not being able to switch weapons effectively, so I just arrange the weapons to my preferences and have the numeric keypad set to switch the weapons if I want a specific one.

bullet2.gif

I declare myself to be the self-annointed voice of reason for PuF! Opinions expressed by Taskmaster are not necessarily those of Planet Unreal! :)

CHRYSt

You can't help that. We're all mad here.
Jan 14, 2000
www.crawlspaceradio.com
I just scroll as soon as i touch an undesired weapon, and it doesn't switch.

bullet2.gif

"Where's the BACTINE?! Some of this blood is MINE!!" -- JTHM