PDA

View Full Version : CTF-Hypothermia for UT2003 released

Plutonic
16th Jan 2004, 09:17 PM
CTF-Hypothermia has been released and is available for DL from Plutonic Design (http://www.plutonicdesign.com).

http://www.planetunreal.com/plutonic/images/hypothermia5.jpg

CTF-Hypothermia is set in a frozen hydroelectric facility. The map is quite open, allowing for multiple paths and a significant degree of flexibility of movement. The general layout - particularly the centre field structure and the bases - provides a balance of good offensive and defensive opportunities, providing for intense CTF action.

CTF-Hypothermia is designed for matches between 8 to 12 players.

Mister_Prophet
18th Jan 2004, 01:19 AM
I love ice themed maps, but pic doesn't seem too cold to me...aside from the frozen water. Would have to play it, did you consider fog or even a snow effect?

Plutonic
18th Jan 2004, 01:28 AM
I love ice themed maps, but pic doesn't seem too cold to me...aside from the frozen water. Would have to play it, did you consider fog or even a snow effect?

Yes, there is fog and some 'chilly' sound effects. Unfortunately, the framerate could not sustain a snow effect :(

Mister_Prophet
18th Jan 2004, 01:36 AM
That is too bad, but I'm sure you got it covered. I'll give it a go when I get my comp up to speed.

SeeD_already_in_use
18th Jan 2004, 08:32 AM
There could be snow on the top of those pipes and buildings like that of the mountains, tho'.
I don't own UT2003 but I'll give this map a go at a friend's house :) Are you already working on one new map at the moment?

HidingCriminal
19th Jan 2004, 10:48 PM
You have that opening where it looks like water was flowing at one time but is now frozen. If the water is flowing, then it is impossible for it to freeze.

Plutonic
20th Jan 2004, 12:58 AM
You have that opening where it looks like water was flowing at one time but is now frozen. If the water is flowing, then it is impossible for it to freeze.

Ever seen the end of a glacier? This is kind of like that :P

HidingCriminal
20th Jan 2004, 01:06 AM
lol ok