Euro PuF's Private server

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
M

Morgan

OK, now that most of the EU PuF's have tried out Blorggs server (even if just for a couple of hours):

Personally I think the games were pretty nice. UK players pinged quite good, considering the distance, as did NIGMA666, considering he's in the US. The differences in Ping were pretty big though, especially with Blorgg being the ultimate LPB /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif (0 ping). Packet loss was quite high there (for me); i got disconnected at least four times. Nevertheless it was nice to play different maps (on-line) for a change.

I guess thursday is next. Will we be using the server again?

------------------
Yeah lady, You and the IRS...

LordKhaine

I sing the body electric...
Dec 6, 1999
UK
Visit site
i pinged well, but I couldnt really tell that much about the connection cos 5 minutes after a joined , Blorgg left. But the connection was fine while I was there.

bullet2.gif

The undisiplined mind is the playpen of chaos and disorder, so I guess I'm in trouble then. -[PuF]LordKhaine

S

STC_Wacky

Sorry I missed it /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif
What new maps did you play?

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

[PuF]STC_Wacky

Sy

Jan 13, 2000
Behind You..
Visit site
It was much better playing on a closed server. Pings were close and fairly stable(for most).New maps were good,Icybeach and Stronghold were new to me online.

But will we be doing the same on thursday if Blorgg is willing,or will we just have to blunder from server to server. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Did Blorgg just decide to boot us off or did he have a problem?

bullet2.gif

"I ain't got time to bleed"

F

[FiS]Prophetus|PUF

Sorry, I missed it too (damn work...gotta make money for the honey). Still, I'll try and make the other matches. Hang tight, hang loose...

bullet2.gif

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. "
- General George Patton (1885-1945)

Stamp

Jan 21, 2000
Visit site
I was first to join Blorgg and was there the whole time, except for briefly when I unzippped the stronghold map, and generally my ping hovered around the 300 mark with 0 p/l, which is playable. I did notice irregular pings, usually when other players joined, but overall I felt there was little to complain about.

The new maps were interesting and the play in general was good and fun. I looked upon the whole evening as more a testing session and am enthusiatic about making this a regular event, Blorgg willing.

So let's wait to hear from the Blorgg himself.

bullet2.gif

What will you do with our freedom? - Braveheart

Blorgg

Feb 7, 2000
The Netherlands
www.nachos.tk
I'm willing to do this more regularly, but it's really hard for me to travel 4 hours in a smelly train just to set up a server. Maybe next tuesday I'll do it again but I'm gonna have to sleep at Stopverf's place and since sleeping on his couch is a physical impossibility I'm gonna have to drag along even more stuff. sigh. But there is a glimps of hope cuz in about three weeks we're getting cable internet at home. Then I can set up a dedicated server and won't be the ultimate lpb anymore, 10-24 is still good enough for me tho...

bullet2.gif

Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

Blorgg

Feb 7, 2000
The Netherlands
www.nachos.tk
I don't know about the rest but I had a lot of fun yesterday, even tho it was for two short hours. I especially liked Icybeach but I really hated Stronghold, Blackrivers2a was good too. Anyway who took my head of twice in Icybeach? Nice.

bullet2.gif

LordKhaine

I sing the body electric...
Dec 6, 1999
UK
Visit site
What makes you think us Euro PuF'ers have it much more together than the rest of PuF. The fact that we have regular meetings, (every tuedays and thursday at 7:30 GMT), as well as turning up to all the other PuF matches and the fact one Euro PuF was responsible for the that mighty web site Team Capture.(OK so that isnt finished yet but it still counts /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif Point made methinks. *Smug Mode* /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

/~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif
/~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif
/~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

The undisiplined mind is the playpen of chaos and disorder, so I guess I'm in trouble then. -[PuF]LordKhaine

Stamp

Jan 21, 2000
Visit site
It's easier to 'get it together' when there are fewer players to get together, if you get my drift. On top of that we have the excellent plan 1.02

cyall

bullet2.gif

M

Morgan

Blorgg, I think I was the one that shot your head empty twice on Icybeach. You really should check your back (and see if anyone is standing on the roof) when you go for the flag /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

Yeah lady, You and the IRS...

[This message has been edited by Morgan (edited 02-16-2000).]

S

Dec 6, 1999
Portsmouth,Hants,England
Visit site
Yeah, version 1.02. All important /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif
Glad someone hasn't forgotten! We should impliment it this thursday. Or just talk as usual then find a crap server... /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif only joking (well a bit anyway).

'Our' server was tough for me. Oddly enough it was alright till LK turned up, then I started to ping real bad, and I played crap beyond the call of duty. Then when he left that low G server I played out of my skin (top scorer, most caps etc...). The dude is bad luck! /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif Its official, I might have to black ball him from the Eu PuFs /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Its hard to tell, the conditions out there on the net were some of the worst yet. I pinged 31,000 at one point, and lost my connection 4-5 times /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif

Things are usually better on Thursdays tho.

Oh, and sorry for swearing. I was very annoyed at the state of play and my inability to get out of single figure. You should have heard what I was cursing when I got lagged 2cm from a cap. Think I used the F-word on-line..what I said alound is unrepeatable /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif Lucky there was nothing close at hand to throw...

Hope Thursday goes better /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Serpico_TC|PuF

Bye the way, PuF stands for 'Planet unreal Forum'. For the guy who asked. Its so we can 'see' each other on-line. Put it in your name if you like. And come join in the chaos (fun).

bullet2.gif

Insert witty signature here.

[PuF]STC_Haplo

Jan 22, 2000
Scotland
utatstc.homestead.com
Never made it on Tuesday but i'll be ther on Thursday.

What other maps did you play (i hate hall of giants) dunno why just do..

Ohhh yeah i hear the new issue of PCZone magazine is featuring 200 UT maps on the cover cd gotta check it out...

/~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Two in the heart and one in the head....Always leaves the enemy dead....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stamp

Jan 21, 2000
Visit site
Yep it does. I got it day before yesterday and just unzipped all the required maps, although I missed one on Tuesday. It's much easier to unzip from cd than to search out and d/l from the net. Definately worth your while.

bullet2.gif

Blorgg

Feb 7, 2000
The Netherlands
www.nachos.tk
Are there any good maps among those 200? Or should we just play the same list as last theusday(couldn't resist)? I say we skip Stonghold. About the skins someone posted an adress where you could download PuF-skins, what was it again and are we gonna use em?

bullet2.gif

SpawN

Mutated Hell Spawn
Feb 2, 2000
I.T.N
Visit site
Blorgg if you go to www.puf.cjb.net thats the PuF homepage, there is a link to download the PuF skins.
18.gif

bullet2.gif

It is all about fun in game play.Fun is about fraggin away.

[This message has been edited by SpawN (edited 02-17-2000).]

[This message has been edited by SpawN (edited 02-17-2000).]

Stamp

Jan 21, 2000
Visit site
All the maps that we used were on the CD as well as many more interesting ones. I think the map list should be left up to you (Blorgg) to implement, obviously with input from the other players.

I think that most players will play a map, even if they don't like it, if they are playing as part of a team. So I don't think we need to be that particular, so long as they're interesting and pre-published. (I would like to see movement away from the standard maps, but it doesn't really matter)

What if we choose, say 5 or 6 good user maps by general consensus and play only those? Then next time we can choose some others.

Some people can only play for a short time and that would suit them. Also, you may recall that you (Blorgg) and I played the first 2 maps by ourselves whilst waiting for the others, and I think 2 more with Just Morgan. I can see this scenario repeating itself in the future.

bullet2.gif