Jerky mouse movement

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

afecelis

Oct 17, 2003
Colombia
Visit site
Although setting the "Input" options to make the mouse move smoothly, the player's view still moves jerkily.

Has anyone gotten over this aspect? Or anyone knows of other things to tweak to get a smooth player camera movement?

afecelis

Oct 17, 2003
Colombia
Visit site
well, I typed the stat fps command and the messages came up ok (no spikes), the cur and avg messages were ok and frames were all the time from 60 to 100 and something (depending on the place of the map I was on).

The weird thing is that in EM_runtime the mouse look is smooth, it's only in the maps I create I get the jerkiness.

Perhaps it has to do more with the scale of the map? The smaller the area the jerkier the movement, h ah ah ah.

Ah! I pumped game resolution up to 1024x768 and that diminished it a bit. But I found it weird cause a similar scale map created in ut2k3 won't move that jerky.

thanx for the replies!

Last edited:

Spooger

Dec 16, 2003
Same thing here... wonder if it has something to do with the mouse being opticle (and it's resolution)... and not ball driven? It not so much "jerky" as it is "snapping" to the next location and not smooth scrolling.

Anyone?