Unreal Tournament (FULL) Problems!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Shao

[PuF] Veteran
Jan 2, 2000
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
I had 233 MB of freespace b4.. and my game said it wouldn't start cuz of not enough disk space.
So I freed up some crap on my hard drive, and I have 1.07 GB (yeah that's right.. Gigabytes) and it's STILL saying that it's not enough space!!
THIS IS DRIVING ME INSANE!
WHY IS UT BITCHING ME SO MUCH?
Please reply!

------------------
Medic!
- Shao|PuF out

Taskmaster

Godlike - I like God
Nov 29, 1999
www.geocities.com
In an effort to obtain Godlike posting status before Rooster (heheh) I am posting a reply to every post...please excuse me as I am just passing through...

Nice topic, but I wouldn't want to live here! /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

bullet2.gif

I declare myself to be the self-annointed voice of reason for PuF! Opinions expressed by Taskmaster are not necessarily those of Planet Unreal! :)

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
How mean.. you reply to this poor chaps post without so much a glance in his direction.. not only that, you're just pasting the same message!!!

bullet2.gif

You know your worth when your enemies praise your architecture of aggression.
nguid:167703 & 453406

Taskmaster

Godlike - I like God
Nov 29, 1999
www.geocities.com
What's your point rooster... at least I was honest about it! /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

I declare myself to be the self-annointed voice of reason for PuF! Opinions expressed by Taskmaster are not necessarily those of Planet Unreal! :)

Taskmaster

Godlike - I like God
Nov 29, 1999
www.geocities.com
Not! I was in the 640's... /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

Temporary Account

Temporarily Permanent
Jan 25, 2000
cosmicmonstersinc.com
Ok..I'll try to add something actually USEFULL to this thread /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Do you have multiple partitions on your drive? This sounds really stupid, but the other day, I was installing 3DStudio, and it kept saying I didn't have enough disk space. I kept looking at my drive and yelling at my computer, because I DID have plenty of disk space. I finally noticed that I had forgot to point the installer at the D: partition(my large partition for games and programs), and it was trying to write to my C: partition(which only had a few hundred megs free.)

If this is your problem, just smack yourself on the head like me /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif Then get fragging!! Weeeeeeeee.

If it's not...sorry...dunno /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif

bullet2.gif

-[CMi]Soul-Crusher
www.cosmicmonstersinc.com

Shao

[PuF] Veteran
Jan 2, 2000
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Well u c, UT was fine starting up... then it said I needed more disk space (RAN OUT OF VISUAL MEMORY!!)
So I freed up enough disk space (now up to 1.07 GB FREE) and the visual memory shortage is still happening!

bullet2.gif

Medic!
- Shao|PuF out

[OF]candyman

Nov 24, 1999
OHIO
www.iamapervert.com
Go into the control panel then system
then go to then perfoprmance then virtual memory..see where it says let window manage the swap file change that to let me manage my own swap fiel...set the min to 250 and the max to 250 then click okay...Make sure you have 250 meggs free on your hard drive. it will warn you about windows not being able to start up correctly but do it anyways..if you do have problems go back into windows in safe mode and change it back to the other way. I use 350 megg max and 350 min but 250 is fine. This should fix your problem..you might need your windows 98 cd handy so make sure you have it

wiggum_pi

Dec 28, 1999
Visit site
Try freeing up HD space in the C drive -- I think that is where virtual memory is swapped.

bullet2.gif

Who's gonna be the odd man out? I want to be the odd man out.
-- CookieMnstr|PuF