No School Again

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

the~oreca

Retired.
Jul 10, 2000
NB, Canada
Second day in a row :cool:
The only thing is, it hasn't been snowing!

Yesterday it was -46C and now today it's -44C...
Lets see, that makes... -50.8F and -47.2F :eek:
But yeah it's gonna screw everything up, I had two exams today, although exam week is just next week...

Apperently yesterday our province broke our record for electricity usage in a day. According to what I read it was 3,145 megawatts, lets not forget that the population here is just about 750 000. So I'm guessing that's alot since Canada is known as the country to use the most electricity.
I also heard that your skin could freeze under 10 minutes outside, that is probably the reason why we don't have any school... People would probably end up waiting long times for the bus since they wouldn't start :D

Also, this is pretty cool, the city bus transit is giving anyone walking outside a free ride because it's so damn cold. So anyone that uses the bus, and people that are walking outside for some reason will get a free ride! They told the drivers to just stop and pick up everyone.

the~oreca

Retired.
Jul 10, 2000
NB, Canada
Hunter said:
thats sweet, has it rained at all?

any ice to muck around on?

wouldn't mind some really cold weather.

Rain? No, it snowed a bit ther other day but that was all.
It's too cold for snow right now...

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
the~oreca said:
It's too cold for snow right now...
Yeah, at that temperature the air can't hold enough moisture. But DAMN! Good luck to you staying warm, hehe. I thought I was cold, but apparently it gets worse.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
My friend in Idaho talked about the real cold weather she is getting, 10 degrees, so not quite in the negatives yet, but getting there. Already has over 2 feet of snow. She is going to a university in Rexsburg.

[UM]theswarm

Spork of the Apocalypse!
Sep 30, 2001
Everywhere
www.sporkoftheapocalypse.tk
School here in western MA got cancelled for Friday, it's hanging around 0F before wind chill... really nasty wind chill. It's not an electricity issue either, they're afraid the overworked heating pipes in the school will burst. :eek:

JonAzz

UA Mapper
Aug 1, 2003
North of Philadelphia
It's like 10 F here, still pretty damn cold! not to mention it snowed 3 inchs (how much in metric ;) ) last night... no school and all we got was 3 inchs :lol: