PDA

View Full Version : Bolter for UT

Tave
14th Jan 2004, 08:42 PM
hi
im sure most of you have seen the 40k spacemarine skin for UT, int he player set up window it shows the skin carrying a bolter ( the gun for non 40k players), id really like that as a weapon and have tried swapping the textures for the bolter with the textures for the enforcer, as you can imagine this doesnt work.
could someone tell me how i can get this to work or convert the enforcer skins to the bolter skins cos basicly right now i suck at theis kinda thing.

thanks

Tave
17th Jan 2004, 09:17 AM
ok, i see no one has posted a reply :(
well as a add on to this, today i found the quake 2 bolter and im trying to find ways of converting this to UT. as ive said before im pretty brain dead when it comes to this kinda thing, so if anyone has any hints or tips please please let me know

thanks

[SAS]Solid Snake
17th Jan 2004, 11:10 AM
First of all, Quake 2 I think uses Vertex animation. While this is *still* supported in UT2003, what you really want to use is Skeletal animation. Look up the UDN (udn.epicgames.com) if you don't know what that is.

One way to convert Q2 models to UT, is to export out all the frames from the model file out of Q2. I think MilkShape may help, or even with MilkShape it might let you convert to and fro model formats.

Lastly, what your doing here is illegal.