Seriousness: Girlfriend situation... [long kinda]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Witty

I hear only yes.
Aug 6, 2001
Provo... somewhere in Utah.
Visit site
... or, more aptly put, the lack thereof. I am in a bit of a rut. I have had 4 dates in the past two years. This is mostly because I was a shy person around girls, and now that I'm not shy I have no money at all to spend. I could go on more dates if I had more money. However, lack of funds has led me to a more crucial question: should I try for a girlfriend, spend money, and be happy? Should I date casually, spend more money, and feel unfulfilled? Or should I stay at home and foster an online marriage to a person I do not know in, say, CS or UT or some other game, and spend no money at all, but gradually begin to turn into an amorphous blob?

I have heard that girlfriends are expensive. I can believe this because dates are expensive, and it has taken only 4 of those to deplete my entire life's savings of money. Is there a better girlfriend? One you don't have to spend much money on? I'd be very interested in this one, if anyone has any clues.

Next item, which was originally my first item, but I was distracted by that damn fly on my screen and my mind jumped tracks, is my girlfriendless situation. There are three girls in my life right now that could apply for and get the job. One is the quiet, sociable, intelligent kind (I took her to homecoming, great fun), one is the quiet-at-first-but-when-you-get-to-know-her-she's-not-so-quiet types who likes to do wild stuff and have quick fun (taking her skydiving soon-hope she doesn't die :D ), and the last is the moderately talkative, very smart, competitive, and witty type (roflmfao omfg my pun!!1111! ahaha. ).

The first is middling height, medium brown hair, beautiful eyes, not a knockout by any means, but attractive to me in a different sort of way. I've known her for 11 years, and we just recently began to get friendlier. However, it appears that, while she still considers me a friend, she doesn't "like" me. This might change... but I don't know yet, and this is the gamble I have to take.

The second is medium height, long red hair, stunning face and bombshell body. I met her last year when she moved into my church, but I didn't really start talking to her till a few months ago.

The third is tall, with medium brown hair, nice face and a great body. I'm tall (6'5") also, so she appeals to me that little bit more. She was in my German class last year and is in my Calc class this year, and we've been flirting every day pretty much, but I never asked her out.

Now, the problem. Should I choose one to work on, and forget the other two? This leaves the problem of what happens if the one doesn't like me at all. Then the other two hear about it and don't want to have anything to do with me. Should I just go out with them seperately, and not make a real relationship? Or, should I just drop it all and hit up a random girl and start over?
HELP ME!!!!!!! GAH!!!! Calc final tomorrow! No study!!! CRAP!!!!

m&ms

Melts in your mouth, not in your hand.
Jul 13, 2003
in a bag....duh
Visit site
i wont tell you which one to pick because that isn't the kind of decision that others can make for you. you'll have to decide that on your own. you have to pick one to pursue as a girlfriend, but stay friends with the other two. don't turn your back on them just because you liked someone else better. avoid going after two of them because that could easily hurt people's feelings and ruin the friendships you do have. also avoid thinking of the other two as backup girlfriends or something like that, it'll doom the relationship you are in

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
1 - A real girlfriend shouldn't cost you too much money.
2 - Never race several horses at the same time as you're going to fall flat on your face at one moment or another, if you know what I mean.
3 - If life's priorities say that you don't have the time to get involved in a relationship then wait and do what's more important.
4 - A good girlfriend will give you more motivation to do things than you can ever imagine :) .

Also, m&ms has some good advice there.

Last edited:

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
Do u really need a girlfriend to be happy?

Don't go for door nr1. If she's been a friend for 11 years. There's a big chance it won't work out and u ruin a 11 year friendship. (not worth it imo)

Lewis

May 1, 2003
i'd say number 3... if you've known her for a few years, then thats a good start, and if you've both been flirting, then theres a good chance that something can work out :)

SharKTanK

:zzz:
Oct 5, 2003
Manchester
You should really go with the one that you feel natural with.

I mean like pretending you've got loads of cash (bad example) and then being blown off when they find out you're skint isn't the kind of gal you want.

I agree with Bee to an extent, but that probably contradicts what i just said :rolleyes:

The decision really can only be made yourself, because you're the one feeling the feelings, and 'cause we simply aren't :)

Good Luck *que scream of doom*

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
TMNT PWN!!!!!:tup:

I would avoid the first girl. Chances are, you are already in her "Gay Friends" folder, so you have no chance in hell. Getting removed from the Gay Friends folder is nearly impossible. If you think you can get out of it, then go for it, but very few guys ever do. Once she decides you are her gay friend, you are pretty much forever cut off from any relationship.

KJAX

Gamer 4 Life
SharKTanK said:
You should really go with the one that you feel natural with.

I mean like pretending you've got loads of cash (bad example) and then being blown off when they find out you're skint isn't the kind of gal you want.

I agree with Bee to an extent, but that probably contradicts what i just said :rolleyes:

The decision really can only be made yourself, because you're the one feeling the feelings, and 'cause we simply aren't :)

Good Luck *que scream of doom*

I also agree with Bee and here's why. If you need a girlfriend to be happy there's a chance you might be expecting too much out of a relationship too fast. I speak from experience, dude, of having too many expectations. Just take a look at what you are wanting from a relationship with a potential girlfriend and make your pick from there.

I also think that friend of 11 years should stay a friend. I think it shows to another potential girlfriend a sense of security you have about relationships. If there's going to be anything more between you two, it likely would have happened by now. If it is going to happen anytime in the future, it's shouldn't be too difficult because you two already know each other. But like BBA said, it feels a lot like you are in the "Gay Friend" folder.

Destro7000

Beware the Apartment Emus
Aug 12, 2002
Bristol, UK
www.gamersa.barrysworld.net
Next item, which was originally my first item, but I was distracted by that damn fly on my screen and my mind jumped tracks, is my girlfriendless situation. There are three girls in my life right now that could apply for and get the job.

According to this passage, I conclude that you have no problems at all :)
Well, apart from the fly thing.

=D7K=

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
KJAX said:
I also agree with Bee and here's why. If you need a girlfriend to be happy there's a chance you might be expecting too much out of a relationship too fast. I speak from experience, dude, of having too many expectations. Just take a look at what you are wanting from a relationship with a potential girlfriend and make your pick from there.

U shouldn't have to make a pick. If its meant to be it will happen, with the right person, at the right time. If u force it, it will prolly be fun in the begin but in the end u will be off worse than u were.

always think with your head, not with your d!ck

Last edited:

Jinx256

Dawn
Jan 29, 2003
the wired
Visit site
Second girl sounds like the most fun. But, as a few others have said, a real girlfriend, someone who cares about you, wouldn't let you spend your life's savings on her. If you can develop a very casual friendship over a month or so before deciding to ask her on a date, you're probably better off. That way you're not on her list of "really good friends" yet, but you have a great head start and you can avoid little awkward moments because you're already well acquainted with her.

Witty

I hear only yes.
Aug 6, 2001
Provo... somewhere in Utah.
Visit site
Hmm.... why do girls have a problem with guys having other GF's???? :lol:
I don't know about the whole "gay friend" deal, because she goes to my church and she's sure I'm not gay (at least I hope so... o_O ) The second girl is really fun, and is one of the hottest girls in the school. I'm lucky we go to the same church, cuz she won't date people outside of it :D
The thing is, I feel natural with all of them... not awkward in any respect. I'm thinking that maybe I should just ditch the GF attempt for a while until I head off to college, because the first girl is a senior and going to the same college, and the other two are juniors...
And Scummy.... you're right on two of three... I do have a car. I don't have a job or a girl tho... maybe I should get a job then!!!
Thx for the advice guys, I'll try to keep it at heart. And dopefish and TM, well, I'm not an expert, but I'd say ask... thats how I got my four :) I know I know, Im the wrong person to take advice from :lol:

|SuR

Look but don't touch
Feb 2, 2003
Visit site
quick rundown: 1 girl.....too long of a history--> doesn't work
2 girl.....too short of a history--> doesn't work
3 girl.....PERFECT--> i'd say go for it

disclaimer: typed under the influence of beer :)

Hunter

BeyondUnreal Newsie
Aug 20, 2001
...Behind You...
www.unrealfans.com
Witty said:
I have heard that girlfriends are expensive. I can believe this because dates are expensive, and it has taken only 4 of those to deplete my entire life's savings of money. Is there a better girlfriend? One you don't have to spend much money on? I'd be very interested in this one, if anyone has any clues.

only if you make them expensive. My Girl just borrowed £50 from me for friends presents which will be repaid when she get paids.

If you have a girlfriend they are not normally expensive, a good plan is to have a job and a bit of cash saved if you want to treat her or something.

Best thing to do if find someone you can easily talk to and trust and you'll be a happy guy.

dates are expensive because your normally paying to inpress, with a girlfriend your get like a pizza or something and rent a movie and just enjoy being with each other

People, it's not rocket science.

Trying to decide what girl to ask out because "hmmm, I don't have a girlfriend. Maybe I should" is utterly unfair to them. The girl you ask out is supposed to be special to you in some way, someone you feel drawn to, who makes you do a mental check of "oh, crap, is this the shirt with chili stains on the front?" when she walks by. Not just "yeah, she's hot, so she'll do."

FaT CaM

Not much...
Apr 5, 2002
¯\(˚_o)/¯ I DUNNO?
Witty said:
The second is medium height, long red hair, stunning face and bombshell body. I met her last year when she moved into my church, but I didn't really start talking to her till a few months ago.

The third is tall, with medium brown hair, nice face and a great body. I'm tall (6'5") also, so she appeals to me that little bit more. She was in my German class last year and is in my Calc class this year, and we've been flirting every day pretty much, but I never asked her out.

1. BOH YAH! :mwink:

2. go for door number 3, if youre flirting everyday and nothings happening, shes waiting for YOUR move.

3. once you make a choice dont completley forget about the other ones, always be ready incase things dont work out so well.

But like others have said, you really have to decide for yourself.