off to basic on friday

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

W.R

Infateer
Dec 15, 2001
Canada ON
Tryin to become a cop so i thought military experience would do me good, got my enrollment ceremony on thursday an i start basic on friday...
Any last minute advice/tips from the vets would be appreciated... Anyone else here do basic in the winter?

5eleven

I don't give a f**k, call the Chaplain
Mar 23, 2003
Ohio
Visit site
Yeah, as my dad told me when I left at the tender age of 17:

Keep your ass down, and don't volunteer for nothin'.

Good advice.

**EDIT**

BTW, good luck. ;)

**EDIT #2**
I did basic at Ft. Jackson, SC, starting mid-November, and into January, what did you want to know?

Last edited:

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
Man, I feel bad for you. That was the worst feeling I had in my life. It felt like I was on my way to prison for a 4 year term. My advise is to save money. Unless of course you have plans to stay in or have a job lined up as soon as you get out. I was on vacation for a LONG time when I got out. I must have spent about $10,000 and I don't know where it all went.

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
Damn W.R. where you been? We miss seeing you around, unless you have been playing under a psuedoname, you bastard :p

Anyway best of luck man and may your experience be a good one! :)

Meplat

Chock full-o-useless information
Dec 7, 2003
Phoenix,Arizona
1-Don't take anything, except for a change of clothes, and a toothbrush. You can get everything else on base.

2- D.I.'s could give a damn what your grandaddy, daddy, or older brother did in the "last one". Keep your mouth shut.

3- Do exactily what they tell you to do. No more, No less.

4- Listening to someone with stripes may not get you the info you need. Example? The myth about "Shining your boots with steel wool" will get nothing but a statement of charges.

5- Buy one roll of decent toilet paper, carry it to and from the latrine. G.I. toilet paper can double as sandpaper, and you do not want to destroy the waldorf on the roll.

6-DO NOT pass up the following opportunities.

Free food.

Free beer

Chance to "relieve yourself".

Meplat-

W.R

Infateer
Dec 15, 2001
Canada ON
5eleven: haha thx, im not the volunteer type :p about the winter thing... i don't know i was wondering what the difference was, i chose winter cuz i thought it'd be harder. at my physical i was told we would be expected to run 8km in 40 min, it was -20*C outside today, i don't think running that much in this weather would be very healthy

jaymian: thats exactly how my dad feels

NT: im not playin under a different name... my woman's keepin me too busy, got no time for comp games anymore :p ;) and thx :)

Meplat: :lol: il remember those

thx ECale

(edit: typo)

Last edited: