Design a UT2003 server

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

-Worlock-

Sep 30, 2003
www.urclan.com
Hi all. I've been sitting on another server for a while, waiting to put it up as a UT2004 demo server. Of course, there's a problem with this, as after three months of waiting, still no demo :mad: So, I need to do something with it, even if semi-temporarily until the demo appears.

So, here's your chance. I need an idea of what to run on it, something that will actually be played occasionally. I've already tried NW CTF, with all the good standard settings, and it totally bombed, no games played in an entire week. I already run two NW DM servers, both fairly popular, so I'm looking for a team game of some sort. I know I could run LG IG 135 in bathrooms and have it full 24/7, but then I could never play, as I hate that stuff :eek:

I am open to any team based game, with these criteria.

1. Normal weapons only
2. No TC mods (must be TDM, CTF, BR, or DDOM)

The server will be located in the same facility as the 2 DM servers, dead central USA, St. Louis. It will have between 12-14 player slots available. Also keep in mind, again, that this server will become UT2004 demo as soon as the demo can be d/l and installed on a 100mbit connection :)

Slartoff

Death delights me. Slartoff!
Nov 1, 2003
NH
I would play on it if I had known about it. NW CTF w/ good maps, some sort of voting mutator, and possibly no adrenaline would be nice. I quite enjoy FragBU weekends, but no one seems to play on the server other than during FragBU events :(
What are the IPs/Domain names for the deathmatch servers? Any normal weapon server that people actually play on interests me :)

-Worlock-

Sep 30, 2003
www.urclan.com
unreal://64.37.104.219 (normal map rotation)
unreal://66.165.108.7 (mapvote)

The CTF config was almost exactly what you said, plus TTM. I did mention it here I believe, but it was in a thread about the DM servers.

Maddeh

Aug 19, 2003
SLC
www.goodgameogc.com
A good standard competitive CTF server is needed IMO. Since Zenkai made theirs rocketeer you don't see many 5v5, TTM, NW, Adren off CTF servers w/ good maps.

Also, a nice 4v4 TDM server would be cool. Factory is 5v5, as is San Jose, and it gets kinda spammy at times. W/s on or off on a 4v4 is debateable though.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
for all that is holy and lovely please do not load ttm on there! ;)

-Worlock-

Sep 30, 2003
www.urclan.com
Yeah, I can't stand TTM myself, but it seems to be a prerequisite to be taken seriously as a teamgame server. Doesn't look like it matters anyway, guess this server will remain dormant until the demo. And people wonder why this game is dead/dying... :(

spineblaZe

VFX Extraordinaire
Apr 8, 2003
MN
Visit site
:(

If it is going to lay dormant can we break the no insta-gib rule? ;) Back in my Q3 days I loved playing instagib tourney matches on q3dm17. Frag limit was usually 15 or so, 1vs1, and when you connected to the server you would wait in line for your chance to play. The winner would stay, and the loser goes to the back of the line.

Anyways, here is my suggestion, however lame it may sound. (hey, the server is dormant anyway, right ;) )

One map all time, DM - SpaceNoxx2k3, played with the insta-gib mutator. (It is a fun instagib 1vs1 map) Run a tourney mutator like the one I described. Here is a pic of the map....
DM-SpaceNoxx2k3%5b1%5d.jpg

Ok, you can beat me with sticks now.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
/m pulls out a stick and starts smacking while repeating the mantra "Shield Gun Arena! Shield Gun Arena!" over and over.

spineblaZe

VFX Extraordinaire
Apr 8, 2003
MN
Visit site
Shield gun fights are fun, but the noise gets soooooo damned annoying. Why couldn't it sound cool like the impact hammer?