Monster Hunt Maps

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mavoric

www.mavoric.net
Dec 6, 2003
www.mavoric.co.uk
Ive been looking through the Other Downloads section for the first UT and realised that there is only one Monster Hunt Map!! If anyone has any
Monster Hunt Maps Can they send them to me because the official sites map download dont work!!!

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
I played that MOD some time ago. Kinda AS only with monsters as objectives and enemies... kinda co-op... was funny but only 1 (one!) map actually worked out properly. The others had such a horrible BOT support and all that i just deleted and forgot the thing. Now, i think i could map for it maybe...

Still, to your question, maybe UTCMS has some more things to get your hands at?

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Hmmm the maps which come with the mod..

The bots play icycanyon .. fairly well. They get stuck most of the times near the final, small platform leading to the "boss" monster.

Lonely.. sometimes they "forget" their objectives. But play the map ok.

Nalivillage -> they need human guidance.

ra's revenge -> human guidance

trials -> same :D

Custom mh maps which are pathed:

MH-Kittara -> bots play it pretty well. But tbh they can use your help.

MH-Overlord -> as-overlord converted to mh. It "works", shame the monsters ignore the bots "most of the times".

But monsterhunt is MORE fun with human players. THAT is, people who actually want to play and HAVE FUN.

Humans only MH maps:

Mh-Barrier (I think this wouldn't work with bots)

Mh-the great escape maps -> good maps, though as nails. Not pathed and tbh, it just wouldn't work at all for bots :D

Most custom mh maps are for humans only really...

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
you'll have to settle with a moderate nr. of playable maps :hmm:

There's no way you could give online play a try?
I could recommend a good server (although it switches back and forth between monsterhunt and coop play).

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
NeoNite said:
you'll have to settle with a moderate nr. of playable maps :hmm:

There's no way you could give online play a try?
I could recommend a good server (although it switches back and forth between monsterhunt and coop play).

I have, in mthe meantime, downloaded and installed MH again. *Might* try it online someday...

Ghetto Man

Jan 15, 2004
Save MH

I feel I need to do my part to help preserve an endangered species... Monster Hunt. I'm collecting every file I can find on MH and will create an archive on my website. Also I am working on setting up a MH server. If you want to stay updated you can visit my website at www.unrealghetto.com .

Rob

Hole in one!
Nov 19, 2002
France
Visit site
Nahand, since you got MH installed, could you please review my map ? ;)

EDIT : What is my map ? Well it's the one on Nalicity. :p

Last edited:

Ghetto Man

Jan 15, 2004
Has anyone here played ATAA2? Until last night I had that map on my server. I pulled it. Why? Well 5 of us played that map for hours. With a little dumb luck we finally were able to get into the final room. Having no clue as what to do we took shots at the giant crystal suspended from above. But nothing was happening. Our shots simply went through it. Well. How in the world do you end that map. Well fortunately one of the players was familar with Unreal Ed. He opened up the map in the editor and checked it out. Apparently there is a proximity trigger in the crystal tied to Bpak.Brocket. Great. Unfortunately there is no rocket launcher in the map. At least none that we could find. I had to log in as admin and manually summon the rocket fire to get the map to end. Is there supposed to be a rocket launcher on that map? If so where is it and how do you get it?

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
Rob said:
Nahand, since you got MH installed, could you please review my map ? ;)

EDIT : What is my map ? Well it's the one on Nalicity. :p

Sure. :)

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
SScoldsteel.utx comes with as-coldsteel iirc.
And it's a BIG texture file :-/ for a pretty worthless map imho :(

The ATAA maps are fun for eh.. five minutes. Then it gets boring :-/
It's just the same thing, over .. and over again. and again...

I did try a mh version of ortican yesterday. On a japanese server: mh in bpak (iirc)
Wasn't bad.
But I prefer the original.

Ghetto Man

Jan 15, 2004
Thanks for the help on the SScoldsteel file. Got another map now thats missing a file. The map is MH-Kittara. The missing package is "Screen". Anyone have it or know where I can get it?

Sorry for the million questions.