Draft Bill Proposed for 2005

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
PDF version of bill

Non PDF version of bill

Online petition against bill here

It is the obligation of every citizen of the United States, and every other person residing in the United States, who is between the ages of 18 and 26 to perform a period of national service as prescribed in this Act unless exempted under the provisions of this Act. The Selective Service System has budgeted $28 million to be prepared to institute and administer a Draft within 75 days of their Goals Attainment date of 31 March, 2005.

I openly encourage each and everyone of you, despite your personal opinions on the issue, to spread this out to as many people as you can.

Last edited:

KJAX

Gamer 4 Life
OBLIGATION FOR YOUNG PERSONS.—It is the obligation of every citizen of the United States, and every other person residing in the United States, who is between the ages of 18 and 26 to perform a period of national service as prescribed in this Act unless exempted under the provisions of this Act.

Wooohooo! I'll be 27 in two weeks.... ;)

But I'll fight against it for the rest of you U.S. dudes.

Saito

Banned
Dec 30, 2003
I say its a great thing.

The majority of the us militarys actions are humanitarian. We do allot of good around the world.

I joined the navy, loved it great times and good fun. You learn allot about the world around you and allot about ourself.

This is so awsome

phil

OH GOD
Jan 3, 2000
Don't they get it? The military dosn't want a draft, they also I assume don't need one. Luckily, the republicans are in power in congress (who thought I would ever say that?) and they do not support a draft, as a party, its the democrats who do. So Im not going to worry about it to much. If there is a draft, we'll all get together and collectively burn our draft cards and tell the federal government to go **** itself. ;)

Edit: Also anyone who signs onto and/or does not veto this bill is commiting political suicide as far as the middle class vote goes. The war in iraq is fine and dandy untill they have to send little billy off to die.

Last edited:

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Well it's not like being in the army is like going on a mission where you have to put absoultely everything in your life on hold for 2 years. You can still do things with your life, tho maybe not as much as if you weren't in the military. Plus it builds character and such! But really I'm already going to put in 2 years for the lord, so what's 2 more for my country?

I'm wondering if you'd still get benefits tho. Cuz as I understand it you can get money to goto school and stuff from the military right? Plus it was also my understanding that you get to choose what you do in the military. So for me I could do something like do a computer related job, and then finish up school. By the time I'm all done with school I'd already be well ahead of myself on getting a nice solid well paying job in the computer industry especally because of the experience. So in the end I don't really think it's THAT bad of a thing. However, wether or not congress will really pass this law is yet to be seen.

Everyone I've ever known went on a mission for 2 years when they turned 19, and they all dealt with it, so 2 years of service in the military can't be all that bad. That is assuming your not put in the warzone.

Last edited:

Saito

Banned
Dec 30, 2003
NO the military doesn't need a draft.

We fight in smalller numbers but better trained, and equiped troops.

But I can see how having a large reserve group would be nice, that and I truthfully belive allot of people take the military forgranted. They view lives lost as politcal amo, pictures of injured troops are used to boost campaigns.

I think making people join and do something for our country is the best thing for them, and for the snot nosed brats who never did jack **** to earn the freedom they have. And then bitch when it gets taken.

Sorry but thats true. If you went out and did your service for it, then cry when it gets taken away, if you didn't then stfu you did nothing for it so you have half a leg to stand on.

BTW I am a democrat, and I hate bush. I just feel nobody gives a **** about our troops, and being ex military I feel strongly.

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
The great part about our military is that the people enrolled are there by choice and WANT to be there. If you have a lot of people who are just trying to survive until they are released, it won't be as effective. This should be a last resort. There is no world war going on, and unless Bush is planning on starting one, it's not going to be needed.

GENERAL RULE- Except as otherwise provided in this section, the period of national service performed by a person under this Act shall be two years.
You know, Bush's chances of reelection were looking relatively good, but if this gets out I expect to see tons of young Americans coming out to vote against him.

Saito: I'm sorry that I can't fight against England for the independence of my country, but I was born too late, it's not my fault. If they want to encourage and provide more insentives for people to be involved in these situations, great. If there is an emergency and more people are required in the military, great. Feel free to reinstate the draft, but this not the way.

Last edited:

Saito

Banned
Dec 30, 2003
I like the volunteers though, our ace units are all people that want to fight for the us, they want to do it.

Thats why our morale is so high, people that are there have a sense that being in the military is doing the right thing.

A soldier that wants to be a soldier, is worth 10 that are forced to.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Meh. That doesn't look so good. time to go sign a petition and take a big old crap in the breakfast of those who drafted this little bill.

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
But is a volunteer who doesn't want to be there any better than a soldier who doesn't believe in what he's fighting for? The government is great at social engineering. They can greatly increase the number of volunteers without forcing it upon every citizen.

phil

OH GOD
Jan 3, 2000
TWD said:
This is fun! We haven't had something important to scream at eachother about since the "should we attack iraq" question.
stop.gif

:mad:

GeneticFreak

evolves and survives
TWD, if you want to die just because some stupid guy wants to start WW3 then its fine. As a non-American maybe my personal opinion doesn't matter, but here goes.

Drafting is something you do when you need more men to go to war (like the Wermacht (sp?) Draft during the pre-WW2) or to defend your country (like the NVA draft back in Vietnam). On a peace time like this, it seems likely that Draft is used mainly as a tool to install blind allegiance towards your leader instead of the people. Unlike serving the Lord however, this blind faith returns no experience point to level up ur character in Heaven.

Dont get me wrong. If your country and the people needs you, you should answer the call. Thats what I will do if someday this poor nation gets attacked by neighbours (or maybe even u guys :)). So unless the US is under heavy military attack, or wants to start WW3, then its likely that the guys on top just wants more head to bow down to them. Have your devoted allegiance not in the leaders, please, but to your country and the people in it. Because sometimes leaders **** up and the last thing u want to do is having blindly serve such leader just because you have gone thru 2 years of mass brainwashing. Denethor and Faramir anyone?

[IsP]KaRnAgE

You Can Be My Wingman
Jul 24, 2001
The Highway to the Danger Zone
Drafting unwilling participants is only going to increase the number of dead US Soldiers. I completely agree with Clayeth, they can increase the number of volunteers without forcing it upon everyone. I'd prefer to never have to enlist. Ever. All reinstating a draft does is show people that you are preparing for more war. And who the hell thinks drafting would work anyway? How many troops fought in Vietnam? How many of them were drafted? That really didn't work so well from what we can see.

phil

OH GOD
Jan 3, 2000
Unlike serving the Lord however, this blind faith returns no experience point to level up ur character in Heaven.

Im almost tempted to hand this quote over to the weekend webguys..........

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
F*ck this.

Worse than telemarketing is the bi-annual assault by the local Marines recruiter calling me up and giving me the same sh*t everytime:

Recruiter: Hey Chris is your local sh*thead Marines recruiting asshat calling you up to bug you again even though you've done your damnedest to keep from telling me to f*ck off. Have you given any thought to joining the Marines?

Me: No.

Recruiter: Why's that?

Me: Because I don't want to die. F*ck off. *click*

Bush will try to use the "new concept of war"/"this is a different war" to explain the reasoning behind this bill, but I will seriously burn and pee on my draft card if they do this.