FN FAL --- omg

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
:eek:

I was sleeping all that time... I didn't know until today what the FN FAL was. Shame on me you'll say? well. it turns out it's the first rifle (or even the first firearm) I have ever fired. Only it was the C1 (canadian army) version and I knew it only under this name. I think the C1 is and L1A1 but I don't know **** about the FAL so expert might tell me more.

BTW, at that time, I was 14 years old... that's an experience I'll never forget.

I really like my experiences with this rifle more then I did with the C7. The only runner up is the enfield no.4 but you can hardly compare those to rifles imo.

well i'm happy now :D
at last i know what the fuggin FN FAL everyone's talking about is.

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
Perhaps you've heard of this thing called the 'internet'. Well, we can do things like 'search' it(sometimes referred to as 'Google'). Sometimes, just sometimes, you would come upon a page like this.

:D

Interestingly, my first, and as yet only, firearm fired was the M16A2.

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
I really like my experiences with this rifle more then I did with the C7. The only runner up is the enfield no.4 but you can hardly compare those to rifles imo.

That's exaclty what all the experienced guys at my regiment tell me. That god damn c7 has NOTHING on the ol c1. That's the rifle my dad used. HE tells me all the stories about how it used to "porcupine" while firing at trhe firing range. As the wepaon fills with carbon, there's less and less gas pressure pushing the bolt back. Eventually it only moves partially and the case doesn't eject properly and the next round comes out of the magazine weird causing rounds to stick out of the ejection port creating the "porcupine look" lol. There was a gas regulator on it if i"M not mistaken. Wish I had a chance to fire it. The c7 jams way the hell too much. I have to clean CONSTANTLY!!!

Meplat

Chock full-o-useless information
Dec 7, 2003
Phoenix,Arizona
At one time, (Before this odius ban) I built L1A1 clones. Why? Simple. I collected, and still collect "Commonwealth" firearms. The Brit L1A1 is the pinnacle (in my opinion) of the British service rifle (I consider the L85, like the M16 to be in the "carbine" class)

Anyhow, unique features? It was damn simple. Move one lever, and it'd break open like a shotgun. Grab the dust cover, and drag it, and the bolt carrier out, and it was stripped. Move the gas plug beneath the front sight, and the gas piston all but leapt out to be cleaned.

Then there was the sound. M-14's, M1's, even SMLEs to me had distinctive noises. The '14 had a light "thump" through the muffs. The Garand was a lot throatier. The SMLE made this powerful bark (Cordite MkVII ball) But the L1A1? Chugged. Like a Pratt& Whitney R2800 idling when you got on it with a bit of bump firing. I don't know how much 7.62X51 I went through with the tomato stake I built, but it NEVER choked, jammed, failed or hung. Chugged like a steel press through some of the crappiest surplus ammo I could feed it, and delivered more than acceceptable accuracy.

Did I like it? Hell yes. I'm just itching for this stupid ban to die, so I can build another one.

Meplat-